We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do with (almost) 2 year old.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
98 posts
14 reviews
Things to do with (almost) 2 year old.

Can you take a toddler with you on a kayak, for example, or a catamaran? Are the restaurants kid-friendly, or are there adult-only restaurants? High chairs available?

Any other toddler friendly things to do? We are staying at grotto bay.

USA
Level Contributor
30,223 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Things to do with (almost) 2 year old.

>>>...Can you take a toddler with you on a kayak, for example, or a catamaran?...<<<

SURE....Suffolk County's Child Protective Services doesn't arrest authority in Bermuda.

But children are required by law to wear approved PFD's....so the '..catch..' will be finding an approved PDF that fits a 2½ year old.

>>>...Are the restaurants kid-friendly, or are there adult-only restaurants? High chairs available?...<<<

Most Bermuda restaurants are "..kid-friendly.." to *** WELL PARENTED *** children.

>>>...Any other toddler friendly things to do? We are staying at grotto bay...<<<

Your toddler can scroll through this listing and check off the places, things and events that interest her

https:/…82463932

....and invest some time scrolling through the archived threads on this TA BERMUDA forum

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
98 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Things to do with (almost) 2 year old.

We kayak at home, and have a PFD for her. It is coast guard approved, and fits her well. Do you think that would be sufficient?

USA
Level Contributor
30,223 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Things to do with (almost) 2 year old.

If it's USCG-approved Type II or III for a child her weight/size...then YES.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
98 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Things to do with (almost) 2 year old.

Thanks. I will definitely take it with us.

Anything we absolutely can't do with a toddler? What about swimming with dolphins? Would she be too little?

Southampton Parish...
Level Contributor
119 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Things to do with (almost) 2 year old.

As I recall I am sure at Blue Hole water Sports at Grotto have pfd 's for toddlers - but you can call them to make sure - their kayaks there are very nice and the bay is almost always very calm - its great for little ones!! :) - feeding the fish is also a huge favourite for the kids over at the Gazebo in the bay - another option which I think is lovely is to rent a small Boston whaler from Blue water - take a pack lunch from the hotel and go under the bridge to Castle islands - stunning beaches - very quiet - I would imagine your little one would love it

USA
Level Contributor
30,223 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Things to do with (almost) 2 year old.

Not sure what you can or can't do with your 2 year old.

If you check the DOLPHIN QUEST--Bermuda web site DIRECTLY-- https://dolphinquest.com/bermuda/… --their programs appear to have a 3+ year old age limit. If in doubt, check with the providers of any operation, excursion or vendors *** DIRECTLY ***.

baltimore
Level Contributor
789 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Things to do with (almost) 2 year old.

Baby area at Horshoe bay

Hamilton, Bermuda
Level Contributor
911 posts
8. Re: Things to do with (almost) 2 year old.

Hi there!

Check out the link below:

gotobermuda.com/list/21-free-or-affordable-t…

Also stop by BUEI, Crystal Caves, BAMZ, and Harbour Nights (depending how long you are in town)

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
98 posts
14 reviews
9. Re: Things to do with (almost) 2 year old.

Thanks everyone. If we really want to do something that the little one cant do, I suppose we could take turns "babysitting". Otherwise I am sure we can find plenty to do. We are only going for 6 days, including travel, I wish we could stay longer!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
126 posts
26 reviews
10. Re: Things to do with (almost) 2 year old.

The Bermuda Aquarium and Zoo is a lot of fun. There are not only fish, but monkeys, birds and other wildlife, as well as an interactive section to enjoy. Grotto Bay has "feral" cats and chickens wandering around that our kids loved. They also have a ton of fish off the gazebo and have times the kids can help feed them.