We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which snorkel excursion?

London england
Level Contributor
262 posts
124 reviews
Which snorkel excursion?

Looking to do a snorkel excursion from Hamilton or the Dockyard for hubby and me late August. Am looking at Restless Native, Rising Son and Hat Trick. Any recommendations please. Have looked at the reviews and like the fact that Restless Native looks smaller and more intimate but unsure which to book. Help please!

USA
Level Contributor
30,222 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Which snorkel excursion?

The best snorkeling in Bermuda will be out over and around her broad, offshore coral reef system. Be sure to check.

I'm pretty sure that '..Hat Trick..' goes to the offshore reefs.

'..Restless Native..' tends to spend most of their snorkeling time at a north shore anchorage (Deep Bay?), which is grand for beginners and un-confident swimmers.

Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken but...I'm pretty sure that'..Rising Son II..' also spends most of her snorkeling time closer inshore

North Carolina
Level Contributor
126 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Which snorkel excursion?

As KDK mentioned, Hat-Trick goes out to the outer reef of the Blue Hole, whereas the others stay closer to shore. This is one reason we chose Hat-Trick, along with the fact that it is small (only 2 other people were on our trip), and not a "booze cruise" atmosphere. You can read my review for more details. One thing to note is the point of departure for Hat-Trick is out in Sandys parish at the Mangrove Bay dock, which is a short bus ride from the Dockyard area, then a walk from the bus stop to the dock. But it was definitely worth the trip.

Southampton Parish...
Level Contributor
119 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Which snorkel excursion?

my suggestion if you are confident swimmers is that you go with a boat that tends to go a bit further out on the north side to snorkel - blue hole is lovely

4. Re: Which snorkel excursion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2018, 16:16