We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filing a formal complaint against a vendor

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Filing a formal complaint against a vendor

Does anyone know who or what department to contact to file a formal complaint against one of the Jewelers in Oranjestad?

10 replies to this topic
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,256 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Filing a formal complaint against a vendor

I suppose if this is a criminal complaint you should contact the police. Other issues try the Aruba Tourism folks.

Nutts Corner...
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
102 reviews
2. Re: Filing a formal complaint against a vendor

Depends on the nature of the Complaint.

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Filing a formal complaint against a vendor

I made a purchase from a jeweler of 1550.00, first time I purchased anything from them, there was issues with the piece. I have sent it back 3 times trying to get a quality piece, has cost me 85.00 in shipping and I still don't have the bracelet. I have asked for a refund but they ignored my request, instead they have dragged this out shipping bracelets back and forth since February. I have been told for a month now that it will be shipped from the USA from the New York office after the office person gets back in the states, still no bracelet. Bottom line, they have 1550.00 of my money and I have nothing. I just need to know how and who to contact about this issue, have been traveling to Aruba for over 20 years and purchased numerous pieces of jewelry from several of the Jewelers and never have I had such a horrible experience as I have had with this Jeweler. I intend to post on Facebook and Trip Adviser to warn others but I also need to file a formal complaint with the proper authorities in Aruba.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,256 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Filing a formal complaint against a vendor

Have you filed a dispute with your credit card company?

NJ
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: Filing a formal complaint against a vendor

One of the reasons why I will only buy expensive jewelry from a local jeweler close to my home.

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Filing a formal complaint against a vendor

Yes I did but since I left the island with the bracelet and then sent it back, they can do nothing about it. I just need to be able to file a complaint with the proper authorities in Aruba because they have my money, which they will not credit me, and they have the bracelet. I will be posting a buyer beware on this site and Facebook and alerting the concierges at the Marriott Surf Club , we are owners, and Ocean Club and Renaissance and the Buccti Beach Resort and the Ritz which is all the resorts we stay when in Aruba as well as all of our many Aruba friends.

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Filing a formal complaint against a vendor

Yes, since I left the island with the purchase there isn’t anything they can do about it.

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Filing a formal complaint against a vendor

Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
9. Re: Filing a formal complaint against a vendor

There was another complaint a few months ago about a jeweller,selling an item but then delivered apparently a ring where it appeared a different stone was used,if I remember correctly.

i'd never buy "expensive' jewelry in a foreign place.

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: Filing a formal complaint against a vendor

Thanks for the response and I read about that case too.

Reply to: Filing a formal complaint against a vendor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations