We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba Bed & Beach - Pos Chiquito

Midwest
Level Contributor
842 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba Bed & Beach - Pos Chiquito

Would anyone by chance be familiar w/this very small and extremely budget-friendly site off of Spanish Lagoon & Mangel Halto Beach? Curious as to true proximity to lagoon/beach, views from cabanas (if any), & general experience there… not exactly an abundance of reviews. Thanks for any info!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,945 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba Bed & Beach - Pos Chiquito

I've been in that area many times for snorkel tours and a couple of restaurants but have never stayed around there before. Sorry I can't be of much help. It's mainly very residential.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba Bed & Beach - Pos Chiquito

While in Aruba over the holidays we snorkel at Mangel Halto and spoke with a 40 year old female from the US that was staying at the bed and beach. She said that she really liked it. I believe it is a basic residence that rents out rooms for cash. She said it was a cheap option for staying in Aruba. There is good swimming and snorkeling in the area and a small rocky beach that you could walk to. You would need a car to get around as there are not any restaurants within walking distance.

Ferrara, Italy
Level Contributor
334 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba Bed & Beach - Pos Chiquito

Mangel Halto is my favorite place both for swimming (the lagoon is like a huge swimming pool) and for snorkeling, as out a bit there are some nice reefs. Be careful of the currents in the deper areas, though: they can be tricky.

On weekdays the area is practically deserted - occasionally you may see some student scuba divers or a kayak excursion or the Tranquilo sailing by.

According to ABB's map, they are just across the street from the lagoon, and I remember seeing steps to enter the water from there. It seems to be about a block north of the "beach". In my opinion, the public beach, with just a couple of palapas and in front of a very shallow, rocky sea, is not that great, although the mangroves are neat (and the entrance to the lagoon from between the mangroves is sandy).

If I were staying there, I'd do my lounging on the ABB property, and also leave my valuables there while swimming. My flip-flops, which I had left at the water's edge while snorkeling, were stolen once.

At least in the past there had been a problem of thefts from cars, especially rental cars, in the area. We would always park by the little supermarket and another inn (Sea Breeze, maybe?), where there is a little more activity, and leave the car unlocked with windows open.

I would recommend having a rental car in that location. (Be aware, however, that some companies will not rent cars to visitors not staying in a hotel with secure parking.)

I think I remember seeing a Chinese restaurant in that area, and you are definitely walking distance to Marina Pirata, and a short drive to B55. Slightly farther away is Savaneta, with the super-reasonable La Granja (sp?) on the main road, and several eating options along the waterfront.

4. Re: Aruba Bed & Beach - Pos Chiquito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 17:19