We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Trip report

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
October Trip report

Since we are moving toward the peak travel season, I am hurrying to post my trip report in a timely manner. The first third of my trip with nearly 100 photos is now online at http://www.mightymac.org/aruba/index.htm It includes an ABC Jeep Tour, Red Sails sunset cruise and a day where we hired a taxi to go to other attractions.

We flew into Oranjestad on Sunday, October 24 and returned on the 30th. This was our honeymoon and our first trip to Aruba.

We stayed at the Radisson Aruba Resort. I had booked a deluxe ocean view room when making the reservation through Expedia. I emailed to confirm the reservation directly with the Radisson a few days before the trip and mentioned it would be our honeymoon. At check in, we learned that the hotel had upgraded us to a suite.

We dined at several of the restaurants that we heavily mentioned here. Over all, the food was good, but no better than I can get at fine restaurants at home. But the settings were very nice. Particularly for the first meal (ocean side at Passions) and the last (in a bed at Screaming Eagle).

I hope to post the rest of the trip by the end of this weekend.

New York
Level Contributor
773 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: October Trip report

Great trip report...Good info for any newbee

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
417 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October Trip report

wow what an awesome report with photos. Will pass on to our daughter and her BF who are going on their first trip to Aruba! Can't wait for more pictures and report!

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October Trip report

Great report and fabulous pics!! Thanks for sharing...really made me wish I was there.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
941 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October Trip report

Enjoyed your report and photos. Well put together. Looks like you had a great honeymoon. Congratulations on your marriage.

Sanibel, FL
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: October Trip report

What a great informative report. Standing by for the remainder. Congratulations on the marriage.

Midwest
Level Contributor
842 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October Trip report

You had me @ "Jamaican Jerk baby back ribs". Oh yeah. Congrats!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
248 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October Trip report

For some reason i was under the impression that you were going to be sailing on the Black Pearl?

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October Trip report

"For some reason i was under the impression that you were going to be sailing on the Black Pearl?"

I booked with the Black Pearl, then saw several one time vistors to this forum posting rave reviews and became uncomfortable with them and canceled.

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October Trip report

The rest of our trip report is posted, starting with attending the Bon Bini Festival at Fort Zoutman http://www.mightymac.org/aruba/10aruba12.htm

Other highlights included SNUBA on the wreck of the Antilla http://www.mightymac.org/aruba/10aruba13.htm and the Submarine Atlantis Tour http://www.mightymac.org/aruba/10aruba16.htm

My three favorite meals on the trip came during the last half of our vacation. They were at Amazonia, Zeerover, and the Screaming Eagle.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,335 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: October Trip report

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing the photos, too!