We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
112 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?

We have been a couple times -- but never with kids -- any recommendations? I would love to take them on an "easy" boat/snorkel trip... other then beach/pool -- what are other options? Thanks for any advice! Also -- would welcome any spesific restaurant recommendations. We will be staying at the Hilton. THANK YOU!

11 replies to this topic
Uniontown, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?

We took our son to the Buccaneer Restaurant. There are aquariums all around you to look like you are looking out the boat under water, etc.

I think there are glass bottom boat tours on the island also.

Building sand castles was our favorite!

New England
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?

Ideas;

Butterfly farm

Donkey Sanctuary

Ostrich Farm

Baby Beach a must

Walk and get ice cream Hagen Daz at mall across street

Water show at Herencia Mall ( they have scgpheculed events every nite on their stage)

Gelato at Gellatismo( kids get gelato, you get a fab and cheap martini )

Atlantis Submarine

That’s all I can think of right now

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?

The Black Pearl is very kid-friendly but fills up fast. It’s one of our favorite snorkel cruises.

We were lucky—our children were happy on the beach just looking for stuff and digging holes in the sand. :-) Cynthia offers some excellent suggestions.

Hope your family has a great vacation!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?

I like Cindys list. I myself would stand clear of being on the water for any sunset cruises with kids that age. Have fun!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?

Hire a nanny👍👍👍

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?

We’ve “Black Pearled” three times and there were small children on every trip. It’s not a “romantic cruise” by any stretch of the imagination. The crew was great with the kids and all the cheese served seemed to have a soporific effect on the children.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?

Lori I have heard great things about the Black Pearl....its on my list but only now because my son is older. I am a bit nervous around the open water with kids and other people, probably a bit to conservative on that end but it works well for me, lol.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?

I am always concerned about little ones and the water. I am also afraid they would be underfoot when the crew is trying to serve. That being said I can see the people on Black Pearl being wonderful. It is a long time for little ones on a boat though and the sun is intense. I would personally not bring my kids. I like Cindy's list as well. Letting them just play on the beach too most of the time. They will be so happy.

phila
Level Contributor
566 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?

We have taken the grand daughter at age 4, 5 and again at 8. She was old enough to know to stay in her seat until we got to the snorkle spots. There are three. She wore a vest the entire time. The crew was fabulous with her., Even bringing up star fish so she could see one up close and personal.

phila
Level Contributor
566 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?

edited to add- i felt a lot safer with her on black pearl then Jolly Pirates

Reply to: What to do with 5 and 3 yo in Aruba?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted