We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Break In at Divi All Inclusives

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
636 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Break In at Divi All Inclusives

I just read on Facebook that two rooms were broken into last week at the Divi AI. Someone staying there also confirmed this. They said the guests were sleeping in the room when it happened. Does anymore else have any information on this? One was in the Casita Rooms and one was in the Lanai Rooms.

33 replies to this topic
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3,444 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Break In at Divi All Inclusives

That would be very frightening....

East Hampton...
Level Contributor
225 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Break In at Divi All Inclusives

Judytravels-- what was the date for the FB post about the break in?

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
636 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Break In at Divi All Inclusives

The post was on Facebook yesterday - May 14th. What a coincidence - the post has been removed by the moderators. There were 54 responses to the post as of last night and many are at the resort now and confirmed the break ins. Two rooms were broken into and many items were taken. This post never should have been deleted -I think anyone staying here (we are) should be made aware of the problem. Oh well - at least I know they can not delete the Trip Advisor post.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Break In at Divi All Inclusives

That is very scary. We always stay in the Casita rooms at the Divi. Hopefully they find whoever is responsible. And also up security.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
636 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Break In at Divi All Inclusives

One break in was in the Casita Rooms - one was in the Lanai Rooms. One poster wrote that if you want to find the Guards - they are always asleep at night down by the bar. One wrote they installed benches on the patio's and they stood on bench and somehow got in room. I will be taking every pre-caution.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Break In at Divi All Inclusives

That sucks. Glad nobody was hurt. They will break into the wrong room one time and get their butts beat into a bloody pulp.

Be safe all.

East Hampton...
Level Contributor
225 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Break In at Divi All Inclusives

I could not find any recent reviews referring to it. Could they have been removed????

We will be watching this topic since we do have reservations in a few months.

Thank you for keeping us informed.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
636 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Break In at Divi All Inclusives

The posts were on Facebook yesterday (and removed) - of course!!!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,525 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Break In at Divi All Inclusives

That info should never be deleted IMO and guests deserve to know what is going on anyplace they are spending their hard earned money.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
636 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Break In at Divi All Inclusives

I looked on Facebook this morning and did not see the post. However I do see it there now - for those on FB - its Divi/Tam/Divi Time Share Aruba Frequent Visitors and was posted yesterday.

Reply to: Break In at Divi All Inclusives
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted