We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Gaucho and Tango ?

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
El Gaucho and Tango ?

Hello,

Last year we tried El Gaucho as our friends wanted to go back there, but it did not appeal to the three of us (my other half and myself and father in law). We do think for the huge size portions and all the food they give you is why people rave about it but the quality was nothing special and the steak especially.

We were told to try Tango and our question to those who have dined at Tango, what are your thoughts about it and those who have been to both places can you give us pros and cons of what you thought about both restaurants?

Thank you.

Aruba ATV Tour with Natural Pool Swim
250 Reviews
from USD 79.50*
Aruba Catamaran Sail with Snorkeling
219 Reviews
from USD 45.00*
Special Offer
Aruba Island Ultimate Safari
528 Reviews
from USD 106.99*
USD 111.78
8 replies to this topic
NJ
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Gaucho and Tango ?

I've dines at both several times, but I think Yemanja makes a better steak than both of them. I haven't been to El G in about 5 years and went to Tango 2 years ago.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: El Gaucho and Tango ?

I second Yemanja. I’d go to El Gaucho before Tango.

New England
Level Contributor
351 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Gaucho and Tango ?

Tango's ribs are rather good. Steak rub is somewhat unique. Some like it others don't.

Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
595 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Gaucho and Tango ?

We've been to both, El Gaucho is the one must visit place for my husband each year so we've been there multiple times and Tango once about 2 or 3 years ago. We enjoyed our steaks at Tango.The atmosphere was very relaxing and our meal was not rushed. We sat outside and there was a live singer, it was very nice to listen to music and people watch while eating. We have not been back only because we have our "must" list and like to try a few different places each year. I also agree with the posters who suggest Yemanja, this is another of our favorites and their steaks and service are excellent.

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Gaucho and Tango ?

I am going to Yemanja too!

New York
Level Contributor
564 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Gaucho and Tango ?

What kind of a steak did you get at Yemanja? We were there in December and my husband ordered a fish entree which he did not care for. He was not thrilled with the restaurant. My dinner was good. I did not like their sangria as it was not sweet. I had asked the waiter before I ordered if the sangria was sweet and he said yes. I would like to give Yemanja another try one day.

Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
595 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Gaucho and Tango ?

@LovetoSki, I had the tenderloin at Yemanja. Sorry to hear you and your husband were disappointed, we've been there several times and always really enjoyed our meals. I've not had their sangria, but if you go back maybe try a Mojito instead, I've enjoyed them there.

New York
Level Contributor
564 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Gaucho and Tango ?

Thanks for your response. I will tell my husband about the tenderloin. I had fish and it was really good. I know Yemanja always gets great reviews. Sometimes you just order the wrong thing. Chalet Suisse has really good sangria and it is sweet.

Edited: 18 May 2018, 14:46
Reply to: El Gaucho and Tango ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted