We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat

Level Contributor
179 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat

Going to Aruba next week. This is the first time we are renting a car. We wanted to give Marina Pirata a try as I saw few recommendations on this forum and overall TA reviews are good.

Called today to make the reservations and the staff member over the phone was so rude. He hung up while I was still talking. I of course called back and ensured he got what I asked for.

Now I am thinking whether to cancel my reservation altogether.

Is the staff overall polite? Should I cancel?

15 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
895 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat

Ah, Gloria Estafans’ favorite place (yrs ago) ......beautiful water view, sunset is a great time to start, then the lights on the water come on....good food and well made cocktails.....owner will be there nearly every night, so say hello and ask for anything.....the service has always been friendly but honestly not always the most efficient...who knows who answered the phone?....I’d say give them a chance.

Enjoy!

Edited: 12 May 2018, 10:23
Level Contributor
179 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat

TXhome1225, thank you so much. Your description sounds really appealing!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat

Honestly if I were treated so rudely on the phone I would skip the establishment. A favorite of ours for food and service is Pinchos bar and grill. The restaurant is located on a pier and the views are amazing at sunset.

Level Contributor
179 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat

dmconn, thanks a lot. I felt kind of the same. We already have reservations to Pincho’s. Love it!

New York
Level Contributor
570 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat

We ate at Pincho's our first night in Aruba on 4/30/18. It was our 5th year at this restaurant. We both ordered the pan fried grouper and it was fantastic. It set the bar for the rest of the week. The location is so nice right on the pier over looking the water. We saw several planes coming in for a landing. We love Pincho's.

Oranjestad, Aruba
Level Contributor
104 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat

Give them a chance or the benefit of the doubt.

Sometimes when people call Aruba long distance the connection is poorly.

Marina Pirata is an excellent choice.

Nutts Corner...
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat

Marina Pirata is one of, if not THE, best seafood place in Aruba and one with a comparatively very long history - where others have come and gone, Marina Pirata remains a stable part of the Aruba Culinary scene with good reason. It would not have survived this long if it had a record of rude service. The condition you describe is unusual for the place. If you feel strongly about the issue, go and ask to talk to Didi (the owner) - he is one of the nicest persons you will encounter in Aruba and he takes his business and the satisfaction of his customers very seriously.

Enjoy your trip and Marina Pirata.👍

Edited: 13 May 2018, 05:18
Level Contributor
179 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat

Clint0n_81, thank you so much. Glad to hear that you had a positive experience!

Level Contributor
179 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat

WE- R, thank you so much for the details. Appreciate it. Didn’t know about it’s history.

New England
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat

Great food and great location

Perhaps a bad connection? If a disconnected phone holds you back and upset you maybe the place isn’t for you. However their food is excellent and it would be your loss. Give it a try and let the phone thing go.

Reply to: Marina Pirata: very rude staff handling phone reservat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted