We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Club 1 Bedroom

Boston...
12 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Club 1 Bedroom

Planning a trip to Aruba in August and deciding between Stellaris and Ocean Club. We are family of four, two sons 16 and 20. There is only one 1 BR villa left at Ocean Club and I don't think that would be enough. Should I get two rooms at Stellaris or try to squeeze into 1 BR at Ocean Club? My sons would never want to share the sofa bed and I don't think they do rollaways there..

There is 2 BR at Surf Club but I ruled it out because I of reading about crowds, beach, and construction in August. We would love to be at beach every day.

Any advice?

7 replies to this topic
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,343 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Club 1 Bedroom

Re consider the Surf Club.

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Club 1 Bedroom

Can you do a suite at the Marriott. I had two of my boys with me in January and I get it.. they will only sleep in a king bed together. At the Hyatt I able to book a suite.. We had the king bedroom, they had a pull out and a full rollaway was brought in and it worked out great. Maybe Marriott has that. Otherwise try renting a two bedroom off redweek etc for the Ocean Club.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Club 1 Bedroom

Go to Redweek.com and rent a 2 bedroom unit at the Ocean Club. Approx 1400 sq ft. you will love it!

New York
Level Contributor
570 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Club 1 Bedroom

I think your sons would be bored at the Ocean Club. It is a nice place, but it is extremely quiet and geared for an older crowd. The Surf Club is awesome. There are lots of things going on and it is a fun place especially the lazy river. Marriott is also very nice.

New England
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Club 1 Bedroom

Ocean Club is a lovely place, however not a lot of excitement there.

Yes, mentioned above, reconsider Surf Club. Lazy River, DJ, volleyball pool and beach... more entertainment imop.

A 2 bedroom would be a good choice. Redweek or join the Surf Club fb page for rentals

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Club 1 Bedroom

My guess is, no matter where you stay, they will be wondering the beach, finding the action, water-sports, girls :) etc. So i would pick a spot that you are happy with. They can run a home base out of anywhere.

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Club 1 Bedroom

I know people love the surf club but I wanted to let you know how not all kids like it. My boys had gone up to hang with friends staying there and they came back thanking me for never have us staying there .(We have stayed at the Marriott Ocean , Marriott hotel, Hyatt, Hilton and Costa Linda). They said there were so many little kids(which means little kids haha) around.. the beach "sucked" as there was not place to toss the football or soccer ball and if you went in the water you were surround with kids and their floats. I think parents know their kids the best.. I knew mine and that's why we never stayed there.. my boys are active and floating around a lazy river might be nice once after that they would be board.

Reply to: Ocean Club 1 Bedroom
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted