We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba Airlines website down for maintenance?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
13 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba Airlines website down for maintenance?

I have been trying to make two reservations on Aruba Airlines for the last four days. Only some of the flights show up as available and others are listed, but I cannot make a reservation due to problems with the webpage. I have called the call center in Miami four times and cannot get anyone on the phone who speaks English...only Spanish and have waited on hold for over 45 minutes each time only to be disconnected. I ended up emailing the customer service department and two days later Fernando Rojas Pereira told me the website was down for maintenance and that I could make a reservation via email. A woman named Deibelis Arraiz offered to make my reservation if I emailed her a picture of our passports. That sounds fishy to me as I have never had to email a picture of my passport to make a reservation. When I objected to this, she referred me back to the call center to make a reservation. Does this sound strange to anyone else?

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Pereira
Pereira
Risaralda Department, Colombia
Aruba ATV Tour with Natural Pool Swim
250 Reviews
from USD 79.50*
Aruba Catamaran Sail with Snorkeling
218 Reviews
from USD 45.00*
Special Offer
Aruba Island Ultimate Safari
528 Reviews
from USD 106.99*
USD 111.78
3 replies to this topic
Henryville...
Level Contributor
143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba Airlines website down for maintenance?

Sounds strange to me.....I thought I read somewhere that Aruba Airlines didn't exist any longer, or they were shutting down.....I could be wrong however.

But, may I ask why you want to use Aruba Air? Are you traveling from the states? I'd use United or American (or whatever airline has their hub closest to your airport) and go from there. More reliable.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Henryville...
Level Contributor
143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba Airlines website down for maintenance?

Just wanted to add, if you are using Aruba Air for between island flights down there, you might want to read some reviews here on Trip Advisor. I just saw a few that weren't very good. I think Insel Air might be another option for between island flights.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
13 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba Airlines website down for maintenance?

Air Aruba filed bankruptcy in 2000. Aruba Airlines is still up and running, as far as everything I have read. Insel Airlines gets horrible reviews and people say to absolutely steer clear of them.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Reply to: Aruba Airlines website down for maintenance?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted