We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt construction

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt construction

Can anyone please explain the exact location of construction at the Hyatt. We are visiting in the end of June (for our 10th time) and are staying in the ocean front suites (previously known as sunset suites).... the Hyatt reviews seem to be bad because if the construction and I’m curious if it’s people overreacting or if it is really bad...

13 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt construction

No construction when I stayed in the middle February, not sure about now.

New York
Level Contributor
570 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt construction

I just was in Aruba last week. I did not see any construction going on. I know they are supposed to be putting in an adult pool on the side facing the Playa Linda. Nothing was being done yet.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
310 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt construction

Try emailing the hyatt team to confirm where the construction is underway

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt construction

Thank you. Just keep seeing one star reviews on trip advisor related to construction. I’m sure Aruba is better even with construction over my hometown any day!

Central NY
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt construction

I am next door at the Playa Linda now. I can see that the top 4 floors of the tower next to us are closed, there are many construction containers and equipment across the street. But I have seen and heard zero noise or activity. Going over there for brunch today and I’ll see if I can get any more info for you.

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt construction

I saw those reviews too and they were bound to happen. Hyatt has not put out anything on their website to let people know. I was there in March and was told as other have report starting with the top floors and working their way down. I am never in my room during the day at all.. so it would not bother me. I was actually think of booking a room later when they are doing the lower floors so I get a higher floor renovated room even if booking lowest category room.. I am waiting for reports when they start the pool.. That noise could impact people on the beach at the start.

Hopefully you will luck out and get one of the renovated rooms by the end of January comes around. I would not want to pay for the sunset room cost if I have the old room .

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt construction

Thank you for checking out the Hyatt at brunch to let me know. We stayed in the sunset suites last year and they were already remodeled so maybe the rest of the hallway is getting done. I guess We will have to hope they do not start building the new pool in June!

Can it wait for the sun, beach and restaurants!

Central NY
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt construction

They were actually working today, saw lots of workers carrying tools back and forth across the street. We did hear some sawing or similar sounds on the beach walk right in front of that tower next door to us. Walked all around the grounds and pool area and saw no signs of construction disturbances. I was going to ask at the desk for you but they were very busy so I couldn’t get to it. I’ll update if I learn more during the week.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hyatt construction

I would be very reluctant to either stay at the Hyatt during construction or to count on getting an accurate update from the hotel itself. Dh and I are Hyatt fans, that said during their last reno which was a number of years ago we were booked to start our trip their before we moved to the Marriott.. We had read they were under renovation but absolutely nothing was listed on their website. So of course I called and was told that contrary to what I had read the reno was "minimally disruptive" with "little to no noise". The day after we arrived they started jackhammering the lobby floor and we literally couldn't hear ourselves think from morning until dusk either in our room, the pool and even on the beach. We complained of course and to be fair they substantially discounted our cost...so much so Im sure some would be happy that they stayed under those conditions since we paid next to nothing. BUT....we would have rather been elsewhere since we found it that disruptive, esp having received no notice whatsoever.

I still love the hotel...almost as much as the Ocean Club but I wouldn't stay there again for free during any renovation work.

Edited: 15 May 2018, 20:02
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,528 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hyatt construction

Luckybee- we were at the Hyatt the same time as we too had the jackhammering issue on the lobby floor. We arrived Saturday and there was no work going on...we were awoken at 9am on Monday by the sounds of the jackhammer and by 10am I was checked out of the hotel on my way to the Radisson....I will give the Hyatt credit they took good care of us on our way out and credited our room bill that had several hundred dollars on it.

Edited: 15 May 2018, 22:24
Reply to: Hyatt construction
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted