We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Palapa length of usage time

Westwood...
8 posts
Save Topic
Hilton Palapa length of usage time

Hi,

After I secure a palapa, is there a limit length of time I can have it for? Can I step away to eat lunch and come back to it? How do they or one know if someone left already?

5 replies to this topic
Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Palapa length of usage time

Yes, you can leave your palapa to head to lunch. Just be sure to return in a reasonable amount of time. We usually leave our beach towels on our chairs along with a float, maybe a tube of sunscreen, to show that we intend to return.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Palapa length of usage time

If your towels are on the chairs, no one should take it. When there’s no stuff there (towels, beach bag, floats, cooler, etc) then you know you can walk up and take it. Simple as that.

Stamford CT
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Palapa length of usage time

As others have said it is not an issue. We have left our palapa, walked all the way up to the Ritz and stopped for lunch on the way back and have never had a problem.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Palapa length of usage time

We leave our things on our Palapa all day long. We often go for walks..eat lunch etc and don't think twice about it and we have never had any issues. I would just leave more than a hotel towel...book, inexpensive cheap bag etc...

Westwood...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Palapa length of usage time

Thank you everyone for your experience.

Reply to: Hilton Palapa length of usage time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted