We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?

Looking to book our Honeymoon in Aruba the beginning of February. For our first trip to Aruba, I am leaning towards an All Inclusive. We both like to enjoy drinks and food all Holiday. Any suggestions? I have been looking at the RIU Palace Antillas as it is an adults only. Also the Divi.

10 replies to this topic
jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?

Do you want to be on a more quiet beach or more in the middle of the action? Divi on Eagle/Druif beach is the low-rise area, Riu is on Palm Beach in the high-rise area.

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?

I think we would be happy with either, but probably lean towards a little more lively beach!

Edited: 10 May 2018, 04:05
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?

Riu is high rise abit of busy, but more adults. Divi is low rise - quiet side. Mostly families hang around. We stayed at Divi & cant be much happier. But i heard my friend stayed at High rise the current is not As strong at where we stayed Divi. Either way you will have fun.

Also AI at Divi - Take the Mega wristband will give you access to all Divi restaurants and facilities. We had mega bands and for us as family was worth it

Edited: 10 May 2018, 04:37
Vermont
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
4. Re: Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?

If you like food and drinks plus being in the action than the RIU is the place. You will get plenty of both and you are only a few minute walk from being near all the shops, restaurants and bars.

Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?

We stayed at the Marriott Stellaris for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. Although it is not AI, we stayed on the Tradewinds level, which is an adults only floor with a lounge on the first floor and a separate adults only beach area. Breakfast, lunch, snacks, appetizers, sodas, dinner hour, cocktail hour, free wine and beer all day long etc. I highly highly advise against AI in Aruba because there are sooooo many amazing restaurants and places to check out and you would miss them by being tied to one resort. There aren't any mega AI resorts like you see in Mexico or DR. You can walk to all of the restaurants and explore the entire island while feeling completely safe. We like to check out new restaurants while on vacation since we are foodies, and Aruba has a ton of AMAZING places that you won't want to miss.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
86 reviews
6. Re: Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?

I would recommend the Riu. Sounds like what you are looking for. Congratulations!

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?

Thank you! I have heard from a number of people to avoid the AI in Aruba. It would be in our budget to go out for supper a few times while we were there if we did choose AI. I thought it would just be easier to not have to worry about finding meals/drinks everyday - but maybe I just need to do a bit more research! I will definitely check out The Marriott Stellaris.

new york
Level Contributor
565 posts
223 reviews
8. Re: Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?

Good evening- if it were my Honeymoon I would book the Governor’s Suite on the Tradewinds Level of the Marriott Stellaris Hotel. Although quite expensive, the perks are great. You will have a reserved front row palapa daily- you can get there at 2 PM and it will be waiting for you. As mentioned by other posters, the Tradewinds gives you breakfast, lunch, wine, beer, water and snacks from 7AM til 9PM. If you choose to make the 6PM-7PM ‘discovery hour’ your dinner, there is plenty of food to satisfy. Congratulations on you upcoming wedding. Aruba is a wonderful place to start your new married lives together, Enjoy!

Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?

I also agree with the Governor's Suite on the Tradewinds level for the honeymoon!! It is AMAZING!!! It is a top floor room with a wrap around balcony and the views are amazingggg! I posted on the Marriott Stellaris Tripadvisor page if you want pictures. Yes it is pricy but it is SO worth it. Especially for a honeymoon. We loved it so much we are now spoiled and are going back this year and have to stay in the Governor's suite again since nothing else will compare lol. It is great having a palapa already reserved for you everyday front row and you just go down whenever you want and it is there waiting for you. It was so stress free!

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
10. Re: Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?

How does the free food at the Marriott Stellariswork if its not an all inclusive

Reply to: Best All Inclusive for a Honeymoon?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted