We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes currently?

4 posts
Save Topic
Mosquitoes currently?

How are the mosquitoes as of late? We are heading to the island next week, and have one that is very sensitive to bites.

14 replies to this topic
Bella Vista...
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes currently?

I am at Druif beach and I haven’t seen any.

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes currently?

Great, thank you!

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitoes currently?

we were there 2 weeks ago and I think I saw one, but I'm not sure :)

New York
Level Contributor
570 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitoes currently?

We just got back from Aruba on Monday May 7th. I did not see any mosquito's. We did eat outside at night quite a few times and were not bitten. It was very windy the whole week so that might have had something to do with it.

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitoes currently?

I am at tje Divi Golf. They did spray for something on the golf course very early this morning. The only bug I have seen so far was a dragonfly.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitoes currently?

I’ve seen very few mosquitoes after 20 years on the island. I do get bit by sand fleas though. You said somebody is sensitive to “bites” so I thought I’d bring this up. Bring bug spray with you and use it before you go out at night (dusk). I only spray my lower legs/feet and usually I’m good.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,527 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitoes currently?

I can count on one hand how many times I have been bitten in my 26x on the island and I don't use any bug spray. My son however seems to get bitten anytime he does not have bug spray on. I would do as notanman suggested and spray prior to heading out for the night.

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitoes currently?

I just got back yesterday and I did not encounter one bug at all the whole time we were there. We were there for a week.

Beantown
Level Contributor
6 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquitoes currently?

I would worry more about the no see ums, we got bitten alive! Mosquitos weren't that bad!

Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mosquitoes currently?

As someone who attracts mosquitoes this is music to my ears! Will post after my upcoming trip there to see how a magnet for bites fares there.

Reply to: Mosquitoes currently?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted