We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best honeymoon spots on Antigua?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best honeymoon spots on Antigua?

I am getting married the first week of October and going on our honeymoon right after that. What are the best all-inclusive resorts on Antigua? We are looking for a quiet spot with great beaches and at least a little bit of night life (could be a fun hotel bar). Thank you for your help! Also, if you have any other recommendations outside of Antigua we are open :)

Kevin

Ny
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best honeymoon spots on Antigua?

When it come to honeymoon in the carribean I would choose Anguilla it simply can't be beat. The beaches are among the best in the world...sand so soft it will blow your mind. Amazing local food culture. Hotel choices in Anguilla would be

1. Viceroy

2. Cap jaluca

3. Cuisin Art

In that order. Keep in mind they are not all inclusive but I wouldn't want to stay all inclusive in Anguilla. The food is so good all over the island you wont want to be limited to your hotel. I got married last year did 5 nights at the viceroy in Anguilla. Then we went to amalfi coast Italy.

If you decide to stick with Antigua I would go with hermitage bay. Super romantic and best you can get as far as all inclusive.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best honeymoon spots on Antigua?

Thank you William much appreciated! How is the snorkeling at Cape Juluca and Viceroy? Also, are there plenty of things to do on the island or within a day trip?

Thanks again.

Kevin

Ny
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best honeymoon spots on Antigua?

To honest Kevin I'm not much of a snorkler so I can't really give you great advice on that. I do know that they do trips from meads bay beach which is where viceroy is located. Viceroy has some really awesome places to relax at night with a cocktail( sunset lounge) plus you can walk along the beach to many other restaurants/ rersorts/ bars. The islands restaurants are best in the carribean in my opinion. I would rent a car for a few days and explore. Anguilla is one of the last pure carribean islands( no chain restaurants or bars) and that's what is so great about it.

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best honeymoon spots on Antigua?

We spent our 25th Wedding anniversary at Cocobay Resort on Antigua, and there were several couples there on there honeymoon!

It really was like heaven on earth. This is the only resort we have done on Antigua, it is a small resort with only 47 chalets, the staff are amazing and really can not do enough for you.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best honeymoon spots on Antigua?

Thank you 5lfc. How were the beaches at Cocobay?

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best honeymoon spots on Antigua?

Stunning!!! Thats the only way I can describe them!!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
28 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best honeymoon spots on Antigua?

We just booked our honeymoon to Cocobay for this November. It looks very low key with stunning beaches!!! The reviews are quite lovely on here, I definitely recommend checking it out. We purchased our room through Luxury Link and saved a little money that we are going to use towards an all day private cruise around Antigua followed by a champagne sunset! But good luck with your decision! It's a very tough call.

8. Re: Best honeymoon spots on Antigua?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:42