We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is topless sunbathing allowed at Antigua Resorts

Lynchburg, Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
Is topless sunbathing allowed at Antigua Resorts

Looking for a resort where topless sunbathing is not allowed on the beach.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is topless sunbathing allowed at Antigua Resorts

That would be ALL resorts except for Eden Beach at Hawksbill, which is a clothing optional beach. Not to say that it can happen at times.

Regards

Mark

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is topless sunbathing allowed at Antigua Resorts

While I agree with Photoman that it is decidedly NOT the norm I have, fond , memories of a very attractive English lady at Galley Bay [ long time repeat customers like ourselves ] who regularly allowed herself to " take the air". Haven't seen them for a couple of years so perhaps something was said.

Maybe they moved along the road to Hawksbill.

Pity

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is topless sunbathing allowed at Antigua Resorts

Actually, you'll find that at least half of the people are topless - all the males that is. But I assume you're talking about women and not men. Just got back from Galley Bay and there were topless sunbathers of both genders at Galley Bay beach as well as an adjacent public beach (not Hawksbill). Galley Bay is adults only and lots of room to spread out. Shouldn't bother anyone. Perhaps you might be best to go to a resort that is family oriented if it bothers you. Have a great holiday.

4. Re: Is topless sunbathing allowed at Antigua Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 08:51
Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is topless sunbathing allowed at Antigua Resorts

As the previous poster says, toplessness is actually illegal in Antigua but that law has been ignored by tourists for as long as I can remember.

I would say that on any beach that is frequented by locals (e.g. Half Moon Bay on Sundays) you will encounter virtually no toplessness. Antiguans tend to be conservative people and toplessness is frowned upon----which is why I advise visitors to the island to be sensitive about that when visiting beaches where local people are present.

6. Re: Is topless sunbathing allowed at Antigua Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Antigua