We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Massapequa Park...
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay

25-30 year olds looking for a nice all inclusive in February. Never been to Antigua before.. Aruba is the usual spot for me, any suggestions?

7 replies to this topic
St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

What's your budget? What's your definition of a "nice" all inclusives? Are you talking 3 star, 4 star, or 5 star type prices? What amenities are you looking for? Any specific activities? Nightlife? Etc?

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

I am also looking for a good AI resort, with beautiful beach and something around or close to it. (Shops/restaurants etc)

4 or 5 star. Mid budget not high end?

Thank you

Antigua
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Hi, there are quite a few nice all-inclusives with great service on and near the beaches, some with winter and 2019 promotions and package savings. Have a look at Villas at Sunset Lane, Keyonna Beach, Pineapple Beach, Verandah Resorts. Jolly Beach Resort has a lovely 1-mile beautiful white sand beach and their pricing is at mid-point.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

Ive been looking at Pineapple Beach what do yoh think of this hotel.

Is it easy to get taxi from airport and what is the cost.

Is thus hotel on Caribbean or Mediterranean side.

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions x

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

Pineapple Beach is on the Atlantic side. It's quite far from everything other than its sister hotel Verandah (which caters to families). So if nightlife is a factor, stay on the Caribbean side.

I'd call Pineapple 3 star. Antigua is expensive, and I don't think you are going to find 4 or 5 star at your mid-price-point, However as Juanna says, you will find someplace enjoyable.

All hotels are easily reached from the airport, which always has taxis waiting in a very organised fashion. For prices, go to antiguanice.com.

Antigua
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

Nope you're not asking too many questions. It is very easy to get a taxi from the airport, just outside the arrivals lounge their is an authorized taxi dispatcher. The rates from Airport to Pineapple Beach is US$28, you can find published rate A&B Tourism website: visitantiguabarbuda.com/travel-directory/…

I got married at Pineapple Beach a few years ago and enjoyed our stay there. They have since upgraded and looks rather fabulous. The beach there is gorgeous can get busy on weekends with locals from the village but not uncomfortable. The hotel is on the northern atlantic side and the beach offers great snorkeling as well.

Hope this helps to make a decision.

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay

Cocobay or Cocos, close to Jolly Harbour and activities/shopping, easy and quick to get a bus into town if you want to have a look around, also easy to get to a number of nearby beaches.

Pineapple is very nice, probably one of the best beaches on the island with snorkelling, but quieter with less activities. If you're ok with taking a cab to more activie areas then fine, but certainly no decent shopping or restaurants nearby

Reply to: Where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted