We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in room coffee machines - the Pineapple

Ontario
Level Contributor
524 posts
24 reviews
in room coffee machines - the Pineapple

pineapple beach club: so many reviews comment about the coffee ...can anyone tell me what type of machines are in the rooms? happy to bring filters and ground coffee from home....or my aeropress if there is a kettle to boil water..... if no one knows....maybe someone going soon can tell me....we go end of June...... or, I will contact PBC and ask them.....thought I would try here first!

thanks folks!

9 replies to this topic
Ontario
Level Contributor
524 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: in room coffee machines - the Pineapple

I looked on this site and found one photo....showed both a coffee machine and a kettle.....so no problem....can't tell if it uses cone shaped or basket filters so I will take both...and ground coffee from home! even many great reviews comment on the not great coffee.....glad to know now!! tea could fill my caffeine addiction but we do love our coffee!! probably pack our aeropress too....small and light....travels easy!

ottawa
Level Contributor
222 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: in room coffee machines - the Pineapple

Would love to know about the coffee before we go@

Ontario
Level Contributor
524 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: in room coffee machines - the Pineapple

Sandra r : we are at the pineapple now ....bring your own ground coffee from home.....and basket filters.....I am using regular size basket filters and squishing them down.....they work fine.....but I think I have sometimes seen smaller (shorter) ones in stores? anyway......the coffee in the restaurant is dreadful....I've had worse 'restaurant' coffee.....here it tastes watered down......so have your coffee in room and then go for breakfast! have not tried the packets in the room they provide so can't comment......but easy to pack coffee for a week and if you really love your coffee I highly recommend you bring your own.

(and bring extra filters....or re-use.....cuz the pot is small.....typical hotel small machine.

ottawa
Level Contributor
222 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: in room coffee machines - the Pineapple

Wow thanks for this!

Are they a basket filter? Here at home our machine is not one you put filters in just built in.

So i will pack a pkg if coffee. Thank you!

Ontario
Level Contributor
524 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: in room coffee machines - the Pineapple

yes....you need to bring basket filters

and

plan on buying some bottled water....the water is fine..safe to drink....but I mixed some tap and bottled (more bottled)

just made some with too much tap water.....meh....funny taste.....

ottawa
Level Contributor
222 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: in room coffee machines - the Pineapple

Hi, great to know. So they do not provide filters?

Did you travel there via Air Canada Vacations? If so, was your transfer included?

Thank you

Ontario
Level Contributor
524 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: in room coffee machines - the Pineapple

no, they don't provide filters

imporant note : just made coffee with water from the buffet .....it tastes fine.....I know theirs isn't bottled water but they must have some filtering system on it.....tastes fine....so get your water at the bar or buffet and put it in your fridge

we went with sunwing....but usually all vacations pkgs include transfer to your resort, and they include the departure tax too (years ago that was separate but now the airlines pay it)

ottawa
Level Contributor
222 posts
37 reviews
8. Re: in room coffee machines - the Pineapple

Great advice!!! Thank you again/

Enjoy

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
33 reviews
9. Re: in room coffee machines - the Pineapple

@hopetogo, thank you for this information. I now know what type of basket filters to bring with me. So glad I found your posts.

Reply to: in room coffee machines - the Pineapple
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted