We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow fever

Kingston
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Yellow fever

Hi travellers,

Based in the UK. My GP has said that we will need a certificate of a yellow fever vaccine to get into Antigua when we travel next month. However all the information I’m finding online says that you only need the proof of a vaccine when travelling from a country with a risk of yellow fever.

Don’t want to dispute that my GP is wrong, but would rather not take my 22 month old for unnecessary jabs if I don’t have to. Can anyone confirm? I suppose I need to go and get a second opinion. Anyone recently travelled from UK and needed a certificate?

Thanks in advance

X

6 replies to this topic
Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,397 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellow fever

You don’t need a yellow fever vaccination to travel from the UK to Antigua.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
644 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellow fever

Your doctor is wrong. In over 20 years travelling to islands in the Caribbean (including Antigua) we have never needed one.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,379 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yellow fever

I agree with the above posts, you don't need Yellow fever vaccination.

Warminster, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yellow fever

…scot.nhs.uk/destinations/caribbean/antigua-… is the official website for travellers from the UK which shows you don't need it as others have said.

London
Level Contributor
56 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yellow fever

Travelled every year for 23 yrs to Antigua .... Never been asked for any form of vaccination certificate.

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yellow fever

I think you are going to have to bite the bullet and tell your doctor he is wrong. I have also wondered if he has searched incorrectly for Antigua Guatemala which several health sites suggest yellow fever vaccine for travellers.

Reply to: Yellow fever
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted