We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday Trip

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday Trip

Just got back from paradise; thanks to everyone here for the spot on suggestions; we had a fabulous time. Frangipani was the perfect hotel for us; I loved the understated elegance and everything about it. Oceans Echo right next door offered a great first lunch, followed by time on the beach, and a great first night dinner at Straw Hat, topping off the night with drinks and live music at Four Seasons via a night stroll along the beach. Seeing Shoal Bay for the first time was everything I expected and more. Loved the spot in front of Mardeamin, which also offered a great lunch. After checking the other lunch options, I think we made the best choice. After lunch we headed to Rendevous Bay, another fabulous beach. Had some great jerk chicken, margaritas, and good time with Garvey. Perfect Caribbean feel location and vibe. Dinner at Veya that night along with live music was just enchanting. On our final full day, we decided to just enjoy Meads Bay, which was simply delicious. Nice local lunch at Tastys, then back to the beach and pool; loved the cove in front of Malli. For our grand finale dinner, we went to Jacala, which was truly the icing on the cake, and ideal special occasion pick. The crayfish was amazing. Short and sweet trip; can't wait to return.

Mentioned in this post
Straw Hat Restaurant
Straw Hat Restaurant
1,364 Reviews
Anguilla
Shoal Bay
Shoal Bay
998 Reviews
Anguilla
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Veya Restaurant
Veya Restaurant
825 Reviews
Anguilla
Artisan
$$ - $$$, Italian, Pizza
Blanchards Beach Shack
$, American, Caribbean, Seafood
Falcon Nest
$, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
7 replies to this topic
Granville MA
Level Contributor
709 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday Trip

Glad you had a great trip!! Lots of great choices for lunch on SBE! Madeariman is just one! Some of the spots don't look very fancy but the food is wonderful! Time to start planning for the next trip!!

Mentioned in this post
Madeariman Bar & Restaurant
Madeariman Bar...
338 Reviews
Anguilla
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday Trip

I am sure; would like to try Gwen's and Tropical next time; but for first timers loved this spot.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,403 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday Trip

Such a delight to experience your very first time on the island. You've got the vibe now. You're hooked!

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,231 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday Trip

You did your homework well, all great choices I’m so happy you loved it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,167 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Birthday Trip

I loved your report and could envision it all. You went to many of my favorite places.

So glad you got out and enjoyed the different beaches. Good for you.

Now, you will just have to plan another trip, and stay even longer!

Thanks for taking the time to share.

Ellen

Pa
Level Contributor
114 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Birthday Trip

What a fabulous first trip! Although it was short you sure packed in many of my favorite restaurants and beaches. I am sure that you will be back soon.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Birthday Trip

Thank you Ellen for being such an amazing resource on everything Anguilla! Following your fabulous suggestions had so much to do with our unforgettable trip! Can't wait to return.

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Reply to: Birthday Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla
More Anguilla Topics