We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malliouhana Rates

Boston...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Malliouhana Rates

Hi Anguilla experts! I am planning our honeymoon (somewhere between early February and end of May 2019). This would be our first time in Anguilla and we are so excited... I am most interested in staying at Malliouhana but realize their booking systems are not back on-line yet. Based on cruising the forums here, it seems like Malliouhana's re-opening is much anticipated.

Does anyone have a sense of what the rates would be like or what rates were like pre-Irma and how they stacked up to the other top hotels on the island? I realize there's a lot up in the air here and previous years' rates may not be a perfect apples to apples regardless and let alone post-rebuild, but I am just trying to get a sense of if I should get my hopes up or if it will be over-budget.

Thanks so much in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
7 replies to this topic
Southwick...
Level Contributor
342 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malliouhana Rates

The property is up for sale. You should look elsewhere.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
359 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Malliouhana Rates

Hi,

Maybe an option of "wait & see" as a lot can happen to Malliouhana in the next 9-12 months before your honeymoon. You have a few months before it becomes crunch time.

If Malli is sold in the next 30-60 +/- days they could be ready for your honeymoon and they may offer favorable rates to get new and old guests to return.

As a back-up plan, think about Cap Juluca resort for your short-list if Malliouhana doesn't work.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
822 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malliouhana Rates

Repairs/renovations post-Irma are currently ongoing. Recently ran in to a contractor in ABC Supplies while getting a key made. He said they would be opening by Nov.

Keep in mind, Cap Juluca was up for sale and under various agreements for years, prior to being purchased by Belmond. You would never have known. It was business as usual.

J H
Lanoka Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
702 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malliouhana Rates

I say look at Cap Juluca.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
78 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malliouhana Rates

Love love love Malli. I would caution the waiting and see approach since it has not reopened and we do not know who would be operating it in the event of a sale. I stayed 3 times under the current operator (Auberge) and paid between 400-600 a night for beautiful ocean view rooms in the main building and 2 unit villas. I book with Amex so those rates reflect a single room class upgrade (resort to ocean for example), and cover stays in November, February, and July.

It’s comparable to Four Seasons and Cap, but a very different feel from either It’s like a happy median between the two in my opinion. Will be back at FS this summer until Malli and Cap are back up.

Boston...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malliouhana Rates

Thank you all for your input! I will look into other options (especially Cap!) and see what happens as it gets closer.

Much, much appreciated!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malliouhana Rates

Cap Juluca and Quintessence (perfect for a private honeymoon)

Reply to: Malliouhana Rates
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla
More Anguilla Topics