We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best place to go in the Carribean in late Dec

Chicago
Level Contributor
134 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the best place to go in the Carribean in late Dec

I am having a hard time selecting on where to take a last minute trip in December. I figureed the Carribean is exactly what I am looking for. Any sugggestions on what part to go to?

I am looking for a place that is not in the middle of a lot of action and more adult friendly. I would also like to do some shopping, restaurants and bars.

We are looking to book soon or do you think we should wait to see if there's any last minute deals that pop up?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the best place to go in the Carribean in late Dec

First, this generic Caribbean forum is lightly followed and posts get buried quickly, so you are not likely to receive many replies here. You would be better served to identify a couple of possible destinations and then post to those respective forums.

Hmmm, the end of Nov is getting pretty "last minute" for a Dec trip already. Most good resorts are already booked for over the holidays.

More information would help: are you interested in all-inclusive resprts, or traditional? What relative price range (economy, mid-range, high-end)? Any specific activities (other than shopping/eating/drinking)? Are nice beaches important?

For what you have said so far, I'd suggest looking at Grand Cayman (lots of shopping, good food/drink, but expensive) and Aruba (some shopping , very good food//drink/activities and moderate prices.

2. Re: Where is the best place to go in the Carribean in late Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2010, 15:18