We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings

Hello Travellers,

I & my husband are planning to explore Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve this December.

I want to know few details about the same:

1. Which gate shall we choose - Moharli or Kolara or some other gate?

2. How far is MTDC Moharli from Kolara gate & is it convenient to travel from MTDC to Kolara?

3. If i do safari booking online, how much will i have to pay for Gypsy & guide?

4. Since its just two of us, how can we share our safari?

Best Regards,

Neha

33 replies to this topic
Mumbai...
Level Contributor
61 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings

Hi neha,

1. Which gate shall we choose - Moharli or Kolara or some other gate?

The most popular gate for tourists is Moharli, the next best is Kolara. However, this I am quoting depending on the availbility and choice of resorts. It really does not matter which gate you enter through since as on today, there are no zones at Tadoba. You are free to roam around inside in whichever area you wish.

May I know your dates and how many safaris you plan to do? I would recommend atleast 3-4 safaris to be made.

2. How far is MTDC Moharli from Kolara gate & is it convenient to travel from MTDC to Kolara?

Not feasible since entry through the jungle in off hours is not permitted. Why would you like to spend time travelling? Refer point 1.

3. If i do safari booking online, how much will i have to pay for Gypsy & guide?

Gypsy : INR 2500-3000 depending on owner. Guide charges: 300

However, December is peak season and many of the weekend slots would have already been filled. If you face difficulties in booking online, let me know, we can help you through jungLEADz. Even if there are just the 2 of you, full gypsy booking has to be done i,e. payment is per gypsy and not per person.See if you can get other people to join u if you want to share :)

Also safari permit charges in core: INR 1000 on weekends and INR 750 on weekdays

gypsy charge: 2500-3000 Rs. (Check with your hotel)

Guide charge: 300 Rs

Charge for camera lens above 250 mm: 250 Rs.

Thanks

Rhucha

jungLEADz

4. Since its just two of us, how can we share our safari? Not really, try to bring in others if you want to share costs.

1 post
2. Re: Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings

I want to book 3 safaris can u notify me the process

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
208 reviews
3. Re: Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings

Hi

Will I get taxi at Chandrapur station for Kolara.

If not, can someone provide me with number of taxi services there.

Thanks

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings

Hi Guys,

We did our Moto-trip to Tadoba in May.

Below are all the details that you would need to sort your trip:

Cost for Gypsy is 2500 on avg, depending on season and ~750 INR for the booking online.

The process is simple, go to the Tadoba website, pick your dates and book as per the availability.

mahaecotourism.gov.in/Site/Common/OnlineBook…

The amount you will pay is just for the entry. You can decide which gypsy you want to hire locally after reaching tadoba.

Moharli Gate is the most popular gate which is close to most hotels in Tadoba. There are other areas, entry points far away form the central region.

If you chose these gates, they may be far from your hotel and you may need to wake earlier to reach on time. Also, you might have to pay the gypsy guy a bit extra.

Mahendra is a great guy who can help you. reach him at 7304215040.

I would also suggest that on the days that the jungle is closed, do go in for a trail/walk or the buffer zone safari. Buffer zone is currently the place where the biggest Tiger has his territory and the best spot for sightseeing is at a pond in the buffer zone.

We stayed at Tiger Homestay which is an economical room/dorm based stay. Location and Hospitality at tiger homestay is epic. I highly recommend it. Reach Mukesh at 8805102661

I recommend booking your gates atleast 4 months in advance.

Thanks.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings

Your hotel guy shoud be able to sort you out. If not, try at the bus stand/stop

Mukesh owns a hotel in this area and is a helpful person.

1 post
6. Re: Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings

Hi Hamza,

I guess we can book the slot online. If we do it, can we be sure of getting a gypsy? And next question is: How do we get a gypsy? We have booked at MTDC taboda.

Thanks in advance, Tamal

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
83 reviews
7. Re: Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings

Wrong gate this year - Moharli.

Pangdi and Zari are the right gates this year - the cubs are mostly there. This hasn't happened in quite a few years and the tourists and infrastructure are caught unawares.

MTDC Moharli is a pretty good place to stay - but not for Pangdi or Zari gates. You won't be able to reach the Kolsa range from Moharli.

delhi,india
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
8. Re: Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings

Hi,

Planning a trip to Tadoba in Early Jan.

Please advise the best gate & zone.

Thanks!!

Nagpur, India
Level Contributor
148 posts
33 reviews
9. Re: Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings

The best gate is Moharli,online gypsy booking does not include vehicle charges and guide charges which have to be paid at prescribed rate at the time of entry.Visit http://www.mahaecotourism.gov.in/ for further datails

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings

Hi , Can anybody let me know how is the MTDC Resorts in Tadoba? How to book the same ? Planning to Visit Tadoba in June this year.

Reply to: Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Safari Bookings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chandrapur