We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving at the central oregon coast

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving at the central oregon coast

Looking for a nice place on the beach traveling with hubby and 13 year old son and 2 small well behaved dogs. .its just us this thanksgiving ...also any resturants having a dinner? Maybe one close to a hotel/motel? I know places jack up their prices for the holidays but ...we are heading over from central oregon..thanks

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,959 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving at the central oregon coast

Are you looking for a buffet or just a dinner? Several places in Newport, Lincoln City and Yachats serve Thanksgiving dinner. Where are you planning to stay?

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving at the central oregon coast

Driftwood Shores, on Heceta Beach 2 miles north of Florence, has a really nice restaurant and they offer REALLY nice holiday meals annually. DW and I have eaten there for Thanksgiving several times when the kids were not able to make it home and it was GREAT. Plus, the restaurant, like the resort itself, is ocean view!

http://www.driftwoodshores.com/

Edited: 29 October 2013, 01:10
Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving at the central oregon coast

Last year my husband and I went to Yachats for Thanksgiving. We stayed in a little VRBO house on Ocean View Dr, adjacent to the Commons Park. Lots of good restaurants and cute shops in walking distance. I think we drove to Waldport once for pizza, and we did the Turkey Trot 5k run in Newport. Other than that we didn't go far and walked everywhere. We ate Thanksgiving dinner at the Drift Inn. They had their full menu available (regular prices) plus a buffet with "turkey and all the trimmings". I had a crab quesadilla so can't tell you if the buffet was good, but it smelled wonderful.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,350 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving at the central oregon coast

http://tinyurl.com/kcovx67

Pacific City/Cape Kiwanda is a favorite of ours. Just got the above email, so thought I'd share it with you

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving at the central oregon coast

We don't know where we are staying yet...was thinking the silver surf but I called and of course because its Thanksgiving they raised their prices pretty high...so I'm on the hunt

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,959 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving at the central oregon coast

Might look at the Waves in Newport. They are up on a bluff and upper floors have good ocean views. Pets okay. It's an older place but quite reasonably priced.

The Yachats Inn allows dogs, but may be as high as the Silver Surf. No beach there, it's rocky shoreline. There is also Deane's - a "classic" from 1947 set back but does have an ocean view, pets okay. Shoreline is sandy beach.

7. Re: Thanksgiving at the central oregon coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Oregon Coast