We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to visit for Christmas?

Beaufort, South...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best places to visit for Christmas?

My wife and I for christmas this year want to go to the mountains, I would love to find places that offer a older authentic style of christmas. My question is what are the best places besides biltmore to visit for christmas in nc? or do you know of any other area that would be great for a christmas vacation (tenn, virginia, Ga)?

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,194 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to visit for Christmas?

Blowing Rock is a beautiful area. In its mountain location, it is perfect for the holidays. You can even pick your own Christmas tree.

Boone is also close by.

NC
Level Contributor
388 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to visit for Christmas?

Grove Park Inn in Asheville is great but a little pricey.They have the lovely roaring fireplaces, the festival of trees and gingerbread houses, etc...

Pigeon Forge, TN will give you the greatest choice as far as lodging ( cabins, the Inn at Christmas Place, etc...) PF also has great Christmas shows, etc....

3. Re: Best places to visit for Christmas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about North Carolina...