We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does this itinerary look okay? LV-Zion-Bryce-Page-LV

Westfield, IN
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Does this itinerary look okay? LV-Zion-Bryce-Page-LV

We are a family of 4. The DH and I are 48, with two boys, ages 18 & 20. We want the boys to see Vegas (everyone should see it at least once), but we also love the outdoors. Our trip is June 23-30.

Day 1 - Fly into Vegas. Arrive at 11 am. Drive to Zion. River tubing. Stay overnight in Springdale (no hotel selected yet).

Day 2 - Hike the Narrows and take our time to do whatever else we want to do. Drive to Bryce in time for sunset views. Stay overnight at Best Western Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel.

Day 3 - Bryce Canyon (no hikes figured out yet). Overnight at Best Western again.

Day 4 - Drive 3 hours to Page. We do not get on the road early so we'll just leave whenever and take our time getting there. Check into Marriott.

Day 5 - Antelope Slot Canyon tour and other exploring. Overnight at Marriott.

Day 6 - Drive 5 hours back to Vegas. Spend the evening exploring the Strip. Overnight at Bellagio.

Day 7 - Spend the day at the pool or walking around. Go to see O that night. Overnight at Bellagio.

Day 8 - See whatever we have missed (probably the indoor skydiving). Fly out at 4:30.

I haven't booked any hotels yet because I want to make sure the experts approve ;-)

Thank you so much for any input.

Westfield, IN
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Does this itinerary look okay? LV-Zion-Bryce-Page-LV

Actually, after looking at this, I have already changed my mind on one thing. I think we will stay in Springdale for two nights and Bryce one night.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,709 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does this itinerary look okay? LV-Zion-Bryce-Page-LV

Good looking plan. I think swapping the time between Zion (2 nights) and Bryce Canyon (1 night) is a good move. I do have some comments and suggestions:

Hit the Canyon Overlook trail on the way out of Zion on day 3 (the trail head is just past the tunnel. There is also road construction before the tunnel (I think).

Lots of options in Page in addition to Antelope Canyon (the dam, Horseshoe Bend, boating on the lake; rafting; take a trip to Navajo Bridge and Lee's Ferry; Hummer tour of other slot canyons...so many options).

What about the Grand Canyon? You are so close. Perhaps even just a drive by of the north rim on the way back to LV on day 6.

Westfield, IN
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Does this itinerary look okay? LV-Zion-Bryce-Page-LV

Thanks Ohio. I left out GC because we have been to the south rim. Perhaps we will check it out on our way back.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,709 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does this itinerary look okay? LV-Zion-Bryce-Page-LV

Thanks for the update on the GC. If you have some time, then you could do the drive by of the NR, but since you have done the SR, your limited time is probably better used on seeing other sights.

Maine, USA
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does this itinerary look okay? LV-Zion-Bryce-Page-LV

grangermom, that is remarkably similar to the trip I am planning for September. I would do three nights in Zion, one in Bryce, one in Page, three in Vegas.

I realize that would only give me time for a quick hike in Bryce (maybe one in pm, one the next am), Horseshoe Bend on the way to Page, Antelope Canyon the next day before heading to LV. Like you, I had considered the North Rim, but Page is not much further if any, and we have been to the South Rim. Alternatively, we could do reverse order which would be 2 nights Page, one Bryce, two Zion.

Also, I am still inclined to rent an RV and camp in the parks, or even tent.

Please let us know how things go. Your experiences will help me refine my plans.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,993 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does this itinerary look okay? LV-Zion-Bryce-Page-LV

Good choice to add the day to Zion.That schedule looks fine.You might want to do the float trip at Page from Glen Canyon dam to Lees Ferry.

www.raftthecanyon.com

If you don't do that,then you should drive into Page via 89 then go back to Vegas on 89 Alt.That way you would see Navajo Bridges,and Lees Ferry.(If you did the raft trip you would have seen those).

Indoor skydiving is pretty cool by the way!Another fun thing in Vegas might be the freefall drop off the side of the Stratosphere,set to open in April.Can't wait for that one to open.Or try the Big Shot that shoots you to the top of the tower.

Westfield, IN
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Does this itinerary look okay? LV-Zion-Bryce-Page-LV

touring, I will definitely let you know what we do. I am also still considering doing it in reverse order. We are flying in to LV from Indianapolis, so I'm not sure if everyone will be up for a 5-hour drive to Page after the flight.

dez, your post made me laugh. I am not a daredevil by any means. It's hard to get me on a rollercoaster, so there will be no rides off the Stratosphere for me. However, I will happily photograph my sons doing all that.

Thanks for the suggestions. We will definitely raft the canyon. That looks like my speed.

U.K
Level Contributor
184 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does this itinerary look okay? LV-Zion-Bryce-Page-LV

If you do a tour of Antelope Slot Canyon,we have treied 2 companies and Chief Tsosie was by far the best.

Also it may be adviseable to book,its an amazing place and a photographers dream.

Enjoy!!

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Supai
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does this itinerary look okay? LV-Zion-Bryce-Page-LV

This is getting a little off topic, but the new ride at the Stratosphere (the SkyJump) won't be freefall. It's a controlled descent, with a top speed of under 40mph.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does this itinerary look okay? LV-Zion-Bryce-Page-LV

That's a relief Excess. We have been up there. Never in my life......

Grangermom, here's the site for Antelope Upper Canyon if you want to take the tour Roscoe mentioned:

…powellmuseum.org/CanyonTours.html

You trip looks fine!

Tet