We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Colors at Zion?

USA
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
6 reviews
Fall Colors at Zion?

Is anyone at Zion who can give a current / up-to-date fall color report. Thank you!

8 replies to this topic
Toquerville UT
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Fall Colors at Zion?

I haven't been in Zion but live along LaVerkin Creek a few miles away. Cottonwoods are just starting by me, there maybe a little more color back in the Main Canyon of Zion and in Clear Creek on the East side. My best color photos from in Zion were usually the first 10 days of Nov. I'll be in Springdale on Sunday, I'll post back if I see the Cottonwoods turning along Hiway 9.

USA
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Fall Colors at Zion?

WininZion. Very helpful. Thank you!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Fall Colors at Zion?

I kept an eye on this website. https:/… I believe it is updated weekly.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Fall Colors at Zion?

We were at Zion yesterday, cottonwoods full color display; others still not peak.

Look for my trip report with link to images soon!

Edited: 22 October 2018, 02:34
Toquerville UT
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
80 reviews
5. Re: Fall Colors at Zion?

Well we went to Springdale, a very rainy morning, couldn't resist a drive on the East Side. The lower canyon had Cottonwoods turning, probably better if you took the shuttle, as elevation increases.

The East side was beautiful, lots of color and everything wet. I just took some cell phone photos, will go back tomorrow and shoot some with my camera. Clear Creek had a lot of water in it so you'd be unable to hike the drainage, maybe tomorrow. Today's pictures:

…fototime.com/Zion%20N.P.%20Clear%20Creek/Fa…

California
Level Contributor
12 posts
132 reviews
6. Re: Fall Colors at Zion?

Was there a couple days ago. If you go up the West Rim trail past the turnoff to Angels Landing, and go maybe another 1.5 miles and around a corner, there's a shady canyon with intense fall colors right now.

USA
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Fall Colors at Zion?

Thank you a lot to everyone for your informative and helpful input regarding fall color!!!

USA
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Fall Colors at Zion?

We just returned. Beautiful. Peaking at the top of the Scenic Drive by Riverside Walk / Narrows. Lots of color, but not quite peaking yet at the bottom near the Visitor's Center and campgrounds.

Reply to: Fall Colors at Zion?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zion National Park