We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logistics with an RV in Sequoia and KIngs Canyon

Naperville, Illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Logistics with an RV in Sequoia and KIngs Canyon

My family is taking an RV trip into Sequoia/Kings, approaching from Death Valley (South) at the end of the month. Looking for help with logistics. We are renting 30 ft. RV along with a mini van to get around size restrictions.

Original plan was:

1) night 0/day 1 - stay at Lemon Cove village near Three Rivers - find somewhere to park RV near southern park entrance (any ideas as to where this might be)? Can we park RV at Potwisha? or Foothills VC? See Sequoia all day of day 1, then back track to get RV and proceed to Princess Campground in Kings Canyon (off 180)

2) night 1/day 2 - stay at Princes Campground - On day 2 do Kings Canyon drive with stops.

My question is this - Does this make any sense? or would we be better off after checkout at Lemon Cove just driving all the way to Kings and dumping off the RV at our site at Princess - then tour Sequoia and Kings from there - vs. entering Sequoia from the south and parking at the south? Don't want to waste time, but either option does involve some backtracking in and out of Sequoia. Any tips appreciated!

1 reply
Long Beach...
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Logistics with an RV in Sequoia and KIngs Canyon

Hmm- I would ask Lemon Cove, they might have parking and allow you park during the day. (Looks like they have a lot of parking in front--)

But I kinda like moving the RV-get it situated, then go exploring. (You won't be worried about moving the RV before dark, etc.) and Hwy 180 is a lot easier of a drive than 198.

Reply to: Logistics with an RV in Sequoia and KIngs Canyon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor