We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morro Rock

Arizona
Level Contributor
259 posts
24 reviews
Morro Rock

How difficult is the climb? Two people in their 50's, not in the best shape, but not dead yet either. Just wondering if this is what will kill us?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,788 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Morro Rock

Ummm ... unless there is a second Morro Rock that I am unfamiliar with ... Morro Rock is in Morro Bay. Central Coast (say "Hi!" to my family, LOL!).

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,062 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Morro Rock

There is a Moro Rock in Sequoia Nat'l Park, but I haven't been there, so can't give any specifics on its climbing difficulty.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,788 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Morro Rock

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

Here is a TripAdvisor link.

Edited: 28 April 2017, 09:10
So Cal
Level Contributor
11,790 posts
75 reviews
4. Re: Morro Rock

Unless you actually have serious existing health problems, I wouldn't worry about it. It's steep but not terrifically strenuous. The bigger concern some people end up having involves fear of heights - some parts of the way up feel rather exposed, and it can be very unsettling. I'd say start up, and just turn around if it isn't working out.

Edited: 28 April 2017, 09:17
7 posts
5. Re: Morro Rock

Would you say this hike is safe to hike in early May? Not familiar with snow in that area. Thanks!

Arizona
Level Contributor
259 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Morro Rock

Yes BLBL I spelled it wrong. Moro Rock is what I am talking about. I will probably be fine, but hubby does have a fear of insecure heights, so probably cant do it. Thanks!

So Cal
Level Contributor
11,790 posts
75 reviews
7. Re: Morro Rock

I would think so, as long as you use common sense. But I haven't visited in these conditions. Check with the rangers for problem areas when you arrive - they generally know which trails are good, which are slushy, which should be avoided.

Safety issues in the park often relate to a river. I guess Moro Rock looks intimidating enough that people are careful around there.

8. Re: Morro Rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2018, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...