We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This weekend

Sun Prairie...
1 post
Save Topic
This weekend

Heading out to RMNP most likely on Sunday of the upcoming weekend. Any idea how the snow cover is? Also, are hiking trails open on the East side of the park? Any snowmobile rentals in the Estes Park area?

Thanks

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,305 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This weekend

We just had a good snowstorm move through. I live an hour south and we received 16" of snow. The trails are most likely snow-covered and/or muddy. You should call them for trail conditions or check the RMNP website: nps.gov/romo/…trail_conditions.htm

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
11,034 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This weekend

I just returned from RMNP and Estes Park today. Estes had 8-10 inches of new snow and RMNP had 14-20 inches depending on where you were. The Bear Lake Road corridor had the most new snow. I know of no snowmobile rentals in Estes Park. RMNP only allows snowmobiling on a short connecting trail to national forest trails near Grand Lake. Snowshoeing should be good with all the fresh snow in the Bear Lake area. Babalax is correct. Check the trail reports or stop at the visitor center and ask a park ranger about conditions when you get there.

3. Re: This weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Rocky Mountain...