We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Federal shutdown

U.K
Level Contributor
184 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Federal shutdown

We are due to leave the UK for the US on vacation Oct 8th.Our first stop should be Yellowstone,I stress the SHOULD!!!

From there we have a booking at Dornans strictly non cancellable !

We have been to GTNP before,am I right in thinking Mormon Row,Schwabacker area is outside of the park so would still be visit able in the event of a Plan B being necessary ?

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,589 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Federal shutdown

>Mormon Row,Schwabacker area is outside of the park so would still be visit able in the event of a Plan B being necessary ?

Sorry, but these area are inside the park. Schwabacher Landing would definitely be closed. I don't recall what the park did with Mormon Row during the shutdown several years ago, but they might block the road. If so, you could probably still go east-west on Antelope Flats Rd.

Mentioned in this post
Schwabacher Landing
Schwabacher Landing
171 Reviews
Grand Teton National Park, WY
Antelope Flats
Antelope Flats
459 Reviews
Jackson, WY
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,160 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Federal shutdown

Mormon Row was closed a couple of weeks ago due to rain (too much of it). I agree that it will be closed. The good news is that you are staying at Dornan's so have access to food, etc. there as well as in Jackson. The mail road will be open so the incredible views will still be easy to see. Private attractions would be open.

Mentioned in this post
Jackson
Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY
Lagos, Portugal
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Federal shutdown

Hello Roscoetheotta. My wife and I arrive in Yellowstone on the 8th of October. Please read the latest on the shutdown on the Yellowstone forum. We wish you ( and us well)

PeterM

4. Re: Federal shutdown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2016, 14:17