We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bathrooms while on shuttle bus - ????

Iowa
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Bathrooms while on shuttle bus - ????

I have a friend that just returned from Alaska and I believe they took the tour buses thru Denali. However, we have reservations for the shuttle bus. My question - How often do these buses stop for restroom breaks?? AND are there "restrooms" ? She said they were given a baggie!!!!

This does not sound like fun to me........

Thank you for your help!!!

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,780 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Bathrooms while on shuttle bus - ????

You can find your answer here:

reservedenali.com/frequently-asked-questions…

It is usually about every 1 to 2 hours. Eielson has hot and cold running water and flush toilets the other restrooms vary from vault toilets to outhouses. The baggies are for garbage.

Iowa
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Bathrooms while on shuttle bus - ????

I showed this to her and she is disagreeing saying there is NO place to stop and they were told the bags are for the restroom..........as I said she was on a tour bus.

Thanks for your help, I am trusting you.....and the information. I just can't believe there are no places to go to the bathroom.

Iowa
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Bathrooms while on shuttle bus - ????

She is also telling me there is only ONE bus. When I showed her the prices for tour vs. shuttle she still said all the buses were the same. When I showed her the info on the Camper Bus, Tour Bus and Shuttle she still argued with me. Guess I just won't listen to her as I know this is incorrect.

Regina - Canada
Level Contributor
301 posts
146 reviews
4. Re: Bathrooms while on shuttle bus - ????

We were on the shuttle buses earlier this month.

The bus stopped about every 90 minutes, and you got off.

The washrooms were as Spacefry described. And they were very clean and well maintained - and lots of them.

No baggies.

Joe

PA
Level Contributor
910 posts
147 reviews
5. Re: Bathrooms while on shuttle bus - ????

We just came back from our Alaska trip and took the 11 hour Wonder Lake shuttle through Denali National Park. I didn't count how many times we stopped for restroom breaks but we stopped plenty of times for the two of us. We didn't use the restrooms each time; used the stops for photos and wildlife viewing. There were plenty of busses and a variety of prices offered depending on choice of destination. Enjoy!!!!

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
13,121 posts
233 reviews
6. Re: Bathrooms while on shuttle bus - ????

Ruggedgem...

Your "friend" is pulling your leg or doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. I live up here and have taken the shuttle busses many times and everything your "friend" has said seems to be inaccurate.

Spacefry, TravPA, and Joababa all all accurate/right.

Good luck and enjoy AK,

Scott

Iowa
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Bathrooms while on shuttle bus - ????

I agree with you and I am not going to worry about it. She hated Denali, it was hot and dirty. Guess I will find out!! Thanks for putting me at ease.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
13,121 posts
233 reviews
8. Re: Bathrooms while on shuttle bus - ????

hot.....

It has been incredibly hot up here (past 2 to 3 weeks). I don't believe the shuttles are air conditioned (could be wrong) and they could be very warm if that is so.

dirt...

Can't imagine where the dirt would come from when there's 6,000,000 acres of trees, mountains, lakes, etc.!!

:)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
45 reviews
9. Re: Bathrooms while on shuttle bus - ????

>>>it was hot and dirty<<<

And there will be "someone" complaining someday, it was cold and muddy.

New England
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
296 reviews
10. Re: Bathrooms while on shuttle bus - ????

>>>>And there will be "someone" complaining someday, it was cold and muddy.<<<

On our first visit to Denali we were with friends who, shall we say, prefer to be catered to. They hated the shuttle. Complained that it was cold, there was nothing to see (gee- seeing "the mountain", grizzlies, caribou and Dall sheep was nothing??) and too long. On the other hand, my husband and I loved it so much that as soon as we got home we booked our next trip and included three days on the shuttle so we could get off and hike and spend as many hours as we could in the park!

And, yes, trust everyone here and not your friend -- there are clean rest areas and the bus will make stops about every 90 minutes to take advantage of them.

Get answers to your questions about Denali National Park...