We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cave of 200 hands

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
263 posts
Cave of 200 hands

I have tried twice to find this location in the Needles area and failed (was given too vague a description and I don’t live in Utah, so I can’t just get up each day and explore). Anyone here has specifics for the location ? I’m not a tourist that defaces Indian art, you can see my Facebook page (https:/…) to see for yourself.

I’m going to hike the area again this thanksgiving and I want to give it another try.

Thanks !!

3 replies to this topic
Saxapahaw, North...
Level Contributor
480 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Cave of 200 hands

Have you spoken to the Rangers? Sometimes if you are super cool and nice they will give you inside information. At least that has been my experience in other NPs.

Good luck! Sounds like a spot I would love to see too!!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,896 posts
449 reviews
2. Re: Cave of 200 hands

Yah, Carlos, it's pretty unlikely you're going to get that information here, as you've seen with previous requests. Online forums are not generally the way to find this information. You have to hunt and dig locally. The rangers are not going to publicize it broadly, but if you call them with the research you've done and the investigation you've done on the ground, you're likely to get pointed in the right direction.

Good luck.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
263 posts
3. Re: Cave of 200 hands

hi,

i was contacted by a local person, so i will use that info to find it for when i visit next year. i plan not to divulge the info since it was given in confidence.

Reply to: Cave of 200 hands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted