We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BNP trip questions.....

Rineyville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
57 posts
BNP trip questions.....

We will be staying at CSP in June and spending one day at BNP. My plan was to enter at the Interior Entrance and go to the Visitor Center first (we will be there the day they are having "Discover the Badlands", then up to Notch Trail, Window Trail and Door Trail, back down to Badlands Loop Road, on to Roberts Prairie Dog Town and then to Wall. My questions are:

1. Am I back tracking too much starting at the Interior Entrance?

2. After visiting Robert Prairie Dog Town should we take 502 to Sage Creek Road then to Wall or go via 240?

3. Any other suggestions/changes??

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,973 posts
121 reviews
1. Re: BNP trip questions.....

The distance from the Ben Reifel Visitor Center to the trailhead for the Window/Door/Notch trails is a couple of miles. So you are really only adding those 2 extra miles if you start at the Interior Entrance, go to Visitor Center, drive up to the trailhead and then back down to the Loop Road as opposed to entering from the Northeast Entrance and driving down to the trailhead and then to the Visitor Center.

Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
129 reviews
2. Re: BNP trip questions.....

Yeah, you’ll be fine with your plan - if you’re going to backtrack, you’ve picked a great place to do it!

Reply to: BNP trip questions.....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted