We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport

Solihull, United...
4 posts
Public Transport

Please can you tell me if there is any public transport in Ballymahon , or how would I get to Dublin from Ballymahon.

6 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: Public Transport

08.00 Sligo train from Connolly to Longford [arr 09.40] and 10.10 Bus route 466 from outside the station in Ballymahon at 10.40

11.05 Sligo train as above and Bus route 65 from Longford arr Ballymahon 13.30hrs

Solihull, United...
4 posts
2. Re: Public Transport

Thanks very much for the quick reply that's great so it seems there is a regular bus route through Ballymahon thank you is it about every half hour or hour, thanks again.

Ireland
Level Contributor
688 posts
3. Re: Public Transport

The full bus timetable:

http://buseireann.ie/pdf/1274881985-466.pdf

There's also the option of travelling from Dublin to Athlone by train and catching the bus there (the bus and rail station are beside each other in Athlone).

Athlone trains (nearly all are trains continuing beyond Athlone to Galway or Westport) start at Dublin Heuston station.

Solihull, United...
4 posts
4. Re: Public Transport

You have been a great help thank you very much.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
5. Re: Public Transport

Oh I wouldn't call it regular - it happens that the Sligo train connects with a bus going that way in Longford - both connections are actually on different routes. i didn't link the Athlone route via Heuston as I'm guessing that the OP is closer to Connolly - also the connection I looked at is very tight - about 5 minutes. The bus won't wait if the train is late.

Solihull, United...
4 posts
6. Re: Public Transport

Well I hope my train is not late or i'll be in trouble, thanks again.

Reply to: Public Transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ballymahon