We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in choosing Masinagudi resorts

India
Level Contributor
56 posts
24 reviews
Help in choosing Masinagudi resorts

Hi,

I have shortlisted 4 resorts at Masinagudi for a 2 day trip in Dec end and request suggestions from this forum's members to finalise one of them: Bamboo Banks,Jungle Hut, Jungle Retreat & Inn The Wild. Since I'll be taking my parents (aged 68 & 74yrs) for this trip, I would like to ensure that the resort we choose should have good non-bumpy approach roads (road from Ooty) and comfortable/clean accomodation. At this point Bamboo Banks seems like the best option because they say they have tarred roads right upto the resort-so wanted to check if anyone has been there? Inn the Wilds though also looks very good, I believe the last 2 km are very bumpy and can only be driven by 4WD/Scorpio -so that would be very uncomfortable for my parents. Any idea about approach roads to Jungle Hut and Jungle retreat? A much higher-end resort seems to be Serai Bandipur, but not sure if it is worth all the super-luxury accomodations, when our primary aim would be to stay in a pleasant place amidst natural surroundings where food is good and there are plenty of things to do within the resort. Any other suggestions in Bandipur would be most welcome!

Chennai (Madras...
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
53 reviews
21. Re: Help in choosing Masinagudi resorts

Oh, OK, From your list above, Ooty would be the nearest place to Masinagudi and Coimbatore the furthest for you to pick up a cab from.

regards

Rajan

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
71 reviews
22. Re: Help in choosing Masinagudi resorts

Best in the area and inexpensive too. Check link below.

Since its govt operated the link may fail but retry a few times.

http://www.bandipurtigerreserve.in/

Chennai (Madras...
1 post
23. Re: Help in choosing Masinagudi resorts

I would like to visit Masinagudi in the last week of September, 2017. Is there any night camp or Trekking at Masinagudi being organised? anyone please suggest a good place to stay at Masinagudi with a reasonable package. I would also like to hire a bike from Ooty to Masinagudi, Is it advisable to travel by bike from Ooty to Masinagudi?

Chennai (Madras...
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
53 reviews
24. Re: Help in choosing Masinagudi resorts

Hi

I'll try to answer your questions from last to first.

(1) Perfectly safe to ride a bike to Masinagudi. In fact, this is a favorite route for the biker community and you will find loads of them all along - from Super-bikes to Scooters - there are bike / tyre repair joins at Masinagudi.

(2) Much has been discussed about Bike hires in the ooty forum which you will find if you dig deeper. I have no personal experience hiring them at Ooty.

(3) There are a range to choose from, depending on your budget and preferences. If you can indicate a value for your budget, we can suggest accordingly.

(4) Trekking / Camping in the jungles (core zones) is banned. Read this earlier thread for more info.

https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g137936…

Hope this helps

regards

Rajan

25. Re: Help in choosing Masinagudi resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2018, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Masinagudi