We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Train Station to Da Marinella

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Venice Train Station to Da Marinella

Hi

Can anyone help me? I am very confused on how to go to Hotel Da Marinella from Venice Train Station.....watertaxi, walk or any other way? TIA

Best Seller
Legendary Venice St. Mark's Basilica...
464 Reviews
from USD 77.80*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,631 Reviews
from USD 80.20*
USD 87.30
Best Seller
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,682 Reviews
from USD 53.80*
3 replies to this topic
p b
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
487 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Train Station to Da Marinella

Vaporetta to Rialto and walk , or if not carrying much walk all the way , but a good Venice street map required , there are many very pour ones .

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,141 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Train Station to Da Marinella

The map on your hotel's website shows that it is near the Rialto: https://damarinella.wixsite.com/damarinella

You COULD - following signs to the Rialto - walk all the way down Strada Nova (then Campo SS Apostoli, Calle Dolfin, Salizada S. Giovanni Grisostomo, until you come out onto Campo S. Bartolomeo, then turn left and cross Rio della Fava); but you will still have to look at google maps for the wiggly bit at the end, and this will take about 30 mins, walking up and down steps at bridges...

The easiest route would be to take vap line 1 or 2 and get off at Rialto: then pass the Hotel Rialto and church of S. Bartolomeo di Rialto, and continue across Rio della Fava and along Calle Fava, to Calle de Forner where you turn right.

Of course you can also pay €100 or so for a water taxi, but I don't know where this would drop you off as your hotel isn't on a canal and there is nowhere near the bridges on Calle Fava or Calle Sant'Antonio where you could get off, so you might in any case get dropped at Rialto.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Train Station to Da Marinella

Thanks all!

Reply to: Venice Train Station to Da Marinella
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted