We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence playa mujuers or el dorado seaside

norwich
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence playa mujuers or el dorado seaside

Hi I need your help we went to EDSS last year for our honeymoon and loved every think about it was wonderful. We loved being in the forest and hearing the birds every day. And just having that feeling like the hotel was part of the rain forest,

As any one been to both and is EPM any think like that palm friged beach and Nestled the the forest. I have tried to see what the area is like around the hotel but have not had much luck.

We really like the look of EPM and everything that it has it offer. I feel that the standard is maybe better then EDSS. Am I right. Any suggestion and addvice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence playa mujuers or el dorado seaside

Waiting for you know who to reply...

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence playa mujuers or el dorado seaside

Who???

I'm also interested in hearing how it compares. I loved EDSS...my husband prefers EDR. Have always been curious about EPM. Am curious to see how it compares.

Has someone on the Playa Mujeres forum been to EDSS and EPM??

boston ma
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence playa mujuers or el dorado seaside

Someone who I'm sure will enlighten us on how EDSS is superior in all ways under the sun. It's a miracle that anyone even stays at that other resort.

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence playa mujuers or el dorado seaside

EPM is more luxurious, contemporary and overall a higher quality resort.

The beach at EPM is lovely despite reports to the contrary, but it will not be as lush, studded with many palms and tropical in feeling as EDSS.

Hope that helps!

norwich
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence playa mujuers or el dorado seaside

Do you mean EDSS is much better then excellence playa mujuers in every way. Have you stayed at both. If so why do you preferred edss.

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence playa mujuers or el dorado seaside

I have stayed at EPM and visited EDSS.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other, just different. EPM is more luxurious, EDSS more basic and low-key.

It just depends on what you're looking for - big, luxurious higher end resort or smaller more tropical boutique style ambience.

Edited: 23 April 2012, 01:55
7. Re: Excellence playa mujuers or el dorado seaside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 April 2012, 01:56
norwich
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence playa mujuers or el dorado seaside

Thanks for replying renee which did you prefer. Does the lack of palm trees and tropical feel made up by it being more luxurious. Also would you say that it's a romantic resort I like a place to be quite. We are not party people. Thanks

norwich
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence playa mujuers or el dorado seaside

I was replying to what Boston wrote.

Thanks.

Flip flop man you seem to have been every where. Which one do you think is better.

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence playa mujuers or el dorado seaside

Mandy,

There are still palm trees at EPM, just not as many as at EDSS. It's very romantic.

If you've been to EDSS, why not try EPM? You won't be disappointed, it's a beautiful resort and was still quiet when I was there last. Perhaps someone who has been there more recently can comment on that.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres
Recent Conversations