We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woman's clothing

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westport
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Woman's clothing

Hi there I'm a trendy size 16 NZ sizing and just want to know where in Karon (Phuket) do the sell larger womans clothing?

I have been told to pack very lightly when I come over in July as the shopping is quiet good but really not sure if they cater for 16+ sized women.

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woman's clothing

I haven't been yet but from my knowledge thru TA it can be hard to find larger sizes.just pack a few of your own and get them laundered.if you find clothes that fit it is a bonus.i believe there is some shops that have larger sizes.i do hope so as I am larger as well

Edited: 04 February 2012, 19:46
Westport
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Woman's clothing

Thanks for that :)

Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
241 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Woman's clothing

I didn't find much at all last year. A few t-shirts was about it. Take your own.

I've trimmed down a bit so hoping to find more in June :)

Jarvenpaa, Finland
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Woman's clothing

I am a curvy size 14 and I have had trouble to find clothes that fit me well in Phuket/Krabi. I always take enough dresses, bikinis, shirts and so one with me from home.

My mother is bigger than me and she was alway told in Phuket very warm and friendly way :"ooh, sorry madaam / mama, we don`t have a elephant size, so sorry..". And they really tried to find things to fit her - we had lots of laughs.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Woman's clothing

when we went one member of our party was a larger size woman and she had a few clothes that she could not part with so she took them to the taylor and had new ones made they were fantastic and she was telling me that if she were to have them made here in australia they would of cost her hundreds and hundreds of dollars think she paid 150 aud for about 5 pieces she was rapped and she picked all the material as well and the quality was first class

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Woman's clothing

Try on the men's singlets, t shirts and boardshorts. My mens boardshorts are so comfortable. Their sun dresses are free size , do stretch but they tend to sometimes not be wide enough around the behind.

You can buy long kaftan style dresses some have sleeves other don't.

I hope you find some things to fit, but maybe take some from home as suggested.

There are heaps of long shirts around with elastic waists as well. CJ

7. Re: Woman's clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2013, 19:30