We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pench National park Safari query

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
160 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pench National park Safari query

Hi,

I will be visiting Pench National Park from 1st June to 3rd June 2018.I have some queries.

1)Is night safari recommended in Pench?

2)Is it highly probable that monsoon rains will make an appearance during this time in Pench?

3)I have opted for 4 safaris during this period.What combination is recommended from below?

a)4 safaris from touria gate (2 morning touria and 2 evening touria)

b)2 from touria and 2 from khursapar(2 morning touria and 2 evening khursapar)

c)3 from touria and 1 from khursapar (2+1 morning & evening touria and 1 evening from khursapar)

4)What are the chances of tiger sighting during this time?

Please let me know whether i should go ahead with this trip or should i postpone it due to monsoon rains?

1 reply
Bhopal, India
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pench National park Safari query

Dear Amar,

Please find answers:

1. Night safaris are offered in buffer zone area. It is up to your interest as it give you an opportunity to go through night life of jungle and sighting of nocturnal animals. It is not highly recommended as visibility is limited, you can see very limited area where your jeep light is falling.

2. Probability of rainfall will be less as here usually monsoon reaches in second week of June.

3. In my view you should given equal importance for Khursapar and Touria. So 02 Rounds in each zone is suggested. You should check both zone in both round i.e. Khursapar in AM &PM and Touria in AM & PM. Please note that their timings & travel distance differs as Khursapar is approx. 10kms drive from Touria gate hotels, in Maharashtra state.

If rainfall will not occur, your chances are bright.

I think you should proceed with your plan.

All the best.

Reply to: Pench National park Safari query
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pench National Park