We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage store

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
18 reviews
Luggage store

Hi , does anyone know if there is anywhere you can store luggage for the day in Mastichari if you are out of your accommodation at midday and not flying home until late evening ? TIA .

12 replies to this topic
Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Luggage store

I’ve always taken my luggage to Kali Khardia. Nikos who has always been helpful let me put it in their large back room for the day. I used to arrive in Mastihari from Leros in a morning boat and the flight would be in the evening so it was there all day.

You’ll often see piles of luggage on the pavement as well.

I know some people are nervous about letting their luggage out of their sight but I’ve never heard of any of it disappearing.

If you don’t want to eat there then maybe pull the luggage round to the taverna of your choice and ask them if you can leave it. I’ve never been refused by any taverna and I’ve often called at tavernas where they don’t know me on other islands. As long as you have a drink or maybe something to eat wherever you leave it.

If your accommodation is in Mastihari village itself then the owners of your rooms may be able to help.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Luggage store

Thankyou again for your reply , I know it's a year away but I like to get organised in advance , I'm driving my husband crazy already 😂😂 .

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
235 reviews
3. Re: Luggage store

Thanks for posting this question.......I was about to ask it myself.

Ideally I'd like to spend all day on the beach, weather permitting, shower & change then have a lovely last meal before heading to the airport ready for a departure after midnight.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
92 reviews
4. Re: Luggage store

If your looking for a day on the beach then it is worth asking if you can have your room for longer of if they have a shower room you can use

Otherwise it will be a day spent killing time in the village

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,108 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Luggage store

Why not just Rent a Room for your departure night.

I always do that for late evening/early morning flight/ferries, it is a lot more comfortable, end of the "luggage storage" problem.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Luggage store

Thankyou everyone for your replies , I have thought it through and think it is probably best to pay for an extra night in our accomodation at least you can enjoy your last day fully with the peace of mind that you can relax and get changed ready for your departure without dragging your luggage around the village the whole day .

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Luggage store

Yes Sueevie , great minds think alike . If we'd still have been in our 20's or 30's it wouldn't have bothered me . I think you become more practical one you've gone over the 50 mark 😂😂

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
92 reviews
8. Re: Luggage store

Hi Dianne

I am sure if the accommodation isn’t booked to the following day they might just let you use it , certainly no harm in asking

Otherwise paying for the day is definitely the best option, at least then your more relaxed and fresher

Yammas

Mark

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
68 reviews
9. Re: Luggage store

Yes I’ve done that too.

With the Greycat Company your room is for your use until you leave for the airport but I have come off a boat from Leros and tried a few places in the village and paid for a night’s stay. I had a midday sleep, a shower and you can leave your stuff too, so it really is worth it.

If your room isn’t available, you can always go to see Kathryn Angelise at Kos Travel, next to Vios pizza and possibly she can advise. It’s a good idea to extend your stay by a night or to ask your accommodation owners can they suggest somewhere. I’m sure you’ll sort it. I understand thinking ahead especially if this is your first independent holiday. Once you’ve done it, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it before.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: Luggage store

Thankyou all .

Reply to: Luggage store
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mastichari
Recent Conversations