We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kedarnath & Badrinath road condition

BHUBANESWAR
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
kedarnath & Badrinath road condition

Hi,I am planning a road trip to kedarnath & Badrinath in June first week.I would like to know about the road & weather condition.I heard road to Badrinath is in a pretty bad shape due to land slides

Kedarnath Mandir
Sacred & Religious Sites
Madmaheshwar Temple
Sacred & Religious Sites
Gauri Kund
Sacred & Religious Sites
3 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kedarnath & Badrinath road condition

Yes - in general due to remoteness and the fact that the area remains in accessible for 6 months and the terrain, the road condition remains dilapidated. But the BRO does an excellent job of maintaining them.

From Joshimath to Badrinath 45 KM, it takes up to 2 - 2.5 hours to cover the distance.

Kedarnath you need to trek on foot.

BHUBANESWAR
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kedarnath & Badrinath road condition

Thanks Vishal for the information.I heard of some repair work going on presently.Hopefully by the time we go in first week of june,BRO would have finished their job.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
246 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kedarnath & Badrinath road condition

Hi

There are certain length of road which receive heavy rainfall around the year and harsh winter for 6 months which makes it impossible to keep in always good shape so better you make journey in Innova or a vehicle better than innova for comfort

Reply to: kedarnath & Badrinath road condition
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted