We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any tigers in ranthambore?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
48 posts
13 reviews
7 helpful votes
Are there any tigers in ranthambore?
Save

We would like to visit Ranthambore National Park perhaps in february mainly on a tiger search. Has anyone out there been recently and actually seen tigers? there are so many conflicting stories.

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
173 reviews
137 helpful votes
1. Re: Are there any tigers in ranthambore?
Save

http://zeenews.india.com/news/eco-news/three-new-tiger-cubs-spotted-at-ranthambore_784563.html is a link which would give you some idea of the tiger population at Ranthambore.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
85 reviews
63 helpful votes
2. Re: Are there any tigers in ranthambore?
Save

Yes

there are tigers in park and peopler saw that during the recent visits of RNP

There ate noted 36 tigers in past year

mississippi
Level Contributor
686 posts
17 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Are there any tigers in ranthambore?
Save

I traveled to Ranthambore in early 2011 and was fortunate enough to see tigers. As far as one can tell there are still tigers in the park. Just know that you are not guaranteed a sighting. To improve your chances you have to spend a lot of time in the park, I did six drives for example. In my case the tiger was icing on the cake. I was quite happy to be in the forest with all the other flora and fauna and the magnificent Ranthambore Fort.

Go there to relax and enjoy nature and you should have a good time. However, if your only purpose is to see a tiger in the wild you will be disappointed and you will miss out on enjoying the unique ecosystem that is Ranthambore.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
48 posts
13 reviews
7 helpful votes
4. Re: Are there any tigers in ranthambore?
Save

thankyou very much for your information

yorkshire
Level Contributor
48 posts
13 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: Are there any tigers in ranthambore?
Save

thankyou so much for your information and the website to visit.

I know it is a big "ask" to desperately want to see tigers and yes I do enjoy the atmosphere and all the other birds and wildlife, but I just needed to know there are tigers in the park.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
48 posts
13 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: Are there any tigers in ranthambore?
Save

I too love the ambiance of a national park and all the wildlife and birds, but as My dream is to see a tiger then I just wanted to know there are still some left in the park.

A few years ago we travelled in India and visited Corbett National Park and were told we would see tigers. It transpired there were only about 2 and so of course we were unlucky.

however thankyou for your posting

Tewkesbury, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
7 helpful votes
7. Re: Are there any tigers in ranthambore?
Save

We have just returned from Ranthambore and I can confrm that there are definitely tigers there. We didn't see any for the first 6 drives we did, but then saw two different male tigers and a female and her three cubs. You have to be patient and not to expect to see one on your first drive, however, you might be lucky of course

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
85 reviews
63 helpful votes
8. Re: Are there any tigers in ranthambore?
Save

Thank you sue for posting...

Your visits to RNP and seeing tiger will certainly motivate other wild life lover..

Good luck to others

-Yogendra

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
99 reviews
58 helpful votes
9. Re: Are there any tigers in ranthambore?
Save

Hi,

There are definitely tigers in Ranthambhore. In fact there are 53 tigers in all (including cubs). We were there in December (the worst month for tiger sighting), and were lucky to see tigers on 2 of our 4 safaris.

Its always a bit of a gamble, but if you are doing more than 4 safaris, the odds are in your favour. Good luck

10. Re: Are there any tigers in ranthambore?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 16:16
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.