We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alternatives to Ranthambore?

WOLVEY UK
Level Contributor
357 posts
62 reviews
41 helpful votes
alternatives to Ranthambore?
Save

Have received a quote from Vatik villas of IR 33,500 for a 2 night stay including pick up/drop off to station ,all meals, 2 safaris and a sightseeing trip to fort.(for 4 people) Converting this it comes to approx £433.00 The villas (on hotel booking site are £104 for one room for one night) the safaris are approx £60 so somebody is making a very good profit of £160 for meals a sightseeing trip to the fort and a couple of transfers.Added to which they require full payment NOW ! Have read the posts about the furore surrounding the tickets etc so I know my hands are tied and have to make a decision as to whether to pay up and shut up or look for something else to do.

We are travelling to Jodhpur via Ranthambore from

Jaipur so if anyone has any alternatives I will be pleased to hear them - disappointed because I thought I had my holiday all planned! (When we reach Jodhpur we have booked HACRA safari)

Jaipur
Level Contributor
696 posts
198 reviews
251 helpful votes
1. Re: alternatives to Ranthambore?
Save

If you are keen on jungle safari then you can look at Sariska. Sariska has a tiger reserve and is quaint and peaceful. Chk out the following link on TA: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g679018-d1948064-Reviews-Sariska_Tiger_Reserve-Alwar_Rajasthan.html

If you choose sariska, then you can stay at alwar. Neemrana has an ancient fort there converted into a hotel. Its amazing. Look at the following link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g679018-d302883-Reviews-Neemrana_Fort_Palace-Alwar_Rajasthan.html

If you arent sooo keen on Tigers and safaris then you can go to Udaipur. Its a gorgeous city with amazing architecture. For more on udaipur you can visit the udaipur page on TA.

Also for more on jaipur on a short visit read: http://thejaipurguide.blogspot.com/search/label/Explore%20Jaipur%20in%202%20days

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Anuroopa

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
85 reviews
63 helpful votes
2. Re: alternatives to Ranthambore?
Save

Hi thepits

1.Hope your safari with Jeep not with canter

2.Go for part payment and rest on departure

3.best park in rajasthan for sighting wild animals sariska cannot be a good alternate if you are there for wildlife

4.for visit Udaipur/ Bundi /kumbhalgarh/ranakpur are alternate

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
120 reviews
104 helpful votes
3. Re: alternatives to Ranthambore?
Save

Can anyone explain the difference between Jeep and Cantor tours? I keep seeing the Jeeps recommended - but why? Obviously fewer people in a Jeep, but are the Cantor trips really so bad?

Would appreciate any feedback - thanks.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
377 posts
48 reviews
25 helpful votes
4. Re: alternatives to Ranthambore?
Save

Hey

Sariska is not an alternate to Ranthambore if you wish to see a Tiger, as last I check there was a huge controversy about how there are no tigers left in Sariska. Request for part payment, but this is season time and the hotels run their monopoly in Ranthambore, so cant do too much about that. If you want to give it a try you can contact Mr Raju Meena at Sunrise Safari, www.safariranthambhore.com. He is my go-to guy for Ranthambore to beat these unreasonable prices and seems to be very popular in TA. Please get a quote from him for all the services to compare and use him only is you feel confident and comfortable.

If you decide to drop Ranthambore, then you can visit Bundi and Chittorgarh on the way to Udaipur.

Hope this helps

Udit

about.me/udithooda

WOLVEY UK
Level Contributor
357 posts
62 reviews
41 helpful votes
5. Re: alternatives to Ranthambore?
Save

Thank you for replies - will decide by the end of the day what to do. I must admit I had not thought about requesting that I just pay a deposit,but as you so rightly say ,the hoteliers have the monopoly!

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
26 reviews
35 helpful votes
6. Re: alternatives to Ranthambore?
Save

Go to Bandhavgarh. Take an overnight train from Jaipur to Katni and visit Bandhavgarh. There are trains from Katni to Agra or Delhi

7. Re: alternatives to Ranthambore?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 12:16
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.