We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refund on cancelled safari booking

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
60 helpful votes
Refund on cancelled safari booking
Save

Hi,

Any update from anyone on processing of refunds for the cancelled safari tickets, as the Ranthambore National park is closed.

40 replies to this topic
1. Re: Refund on cancelled safari booking

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2020, 14:32

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
60 helpful votes
2. Re: Refund on cancelled safari booking
Save

You have given link of a travel agent website. This is not related to Govt website. Please dont promote other content.

Agra, India
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,851 posts
12 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: Refund on cancelled safari booking
Save

If you have booked directly with forest department then you may have to contact them directly. It may take some time to get reply as govt. offices are also closed due to lockdown.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
60 helpful votes
4. Re: Refund on cancelled safari booking
Save

Right Deepak Sir.

I had booked safari and Hotel Jhoomar Baori directly and they are not responding on email or phone. Their booking offices may be closed.

Just curious to see if anyone else got a response or refund on the booking.

Ranthambore...
Level Contributor
229 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Refund on cancelled safari booking
Save

Refund process may be started after may 3.

Bharuch, India
Level Contributor
151 posts
6. Re: Refund on cancelled safari booking
Save

Any updates on refund process of cancelled safari due to lockdown.

I have booking for 29 and 30 may.

What are the possibility of getting refunds?

Thanks

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
908 posts
9 reviews
269 helpful votes
7. Re: Refund on cancelled safari booking
Save

Namaste!

Welcome to the forum posts!!!!

I am sorry to say lockdown is extended till 31st May. Now you have to wait until lockdown ends or you have to ask from where you have booked your safari. Check with latest updates.

Thanks & Regards

Edited: 18 May 2020, 22:53
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Refund on cancelled safari booking
Save

Hi

I booked a 4 days safari in Ranthambore through TourMyIndia company, for about 28000 INR.

I received the word today that the Ranthambore Forest Department decided not to refund, nor reschedule.

Quite an outrageous decision, given the fact park closed March 20th and I was supposed to visit from March 28th-31st. Plus Indian government banned French from entering the country from March 13th.

I tried to email the Forest Department of Rajasthan Government about it, this is not an acceptable decision.

I understand the Tourism Industry’s great difficulties, but this is robbery.

I will update as soon as I receive a reply.

Regards

JL

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
26 reviews
35 helpful votes
9. Re: Refund on cancelled safari booking
Save

JL send a Tweet to @my_rajasthan and email to Sh. Vishvendra Singh, Hon’ble Tourism Minister on his email -

ministerdt.rajasthan@gmail.com and mark copy to Mrs. Sreya Guha, IAS, Principal Secretary Tourism, at her email - pstrajasthan@gmail.com. I agree with you that this is robbery.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
92 posts
289 reviews
217 helpful votes
10. Re: Refund on cancelled safari booking
Save

Thank you SO much for these contacts.

Just like JL we we were unable to partake in our private jungle drives on April 15 & 16. Now India is keeping

102,660INR! Pure robbery and it doesn't make sense when the government sent us a partial reimbursement for our Visas. This doesn't send a good message for future tourism.

Reply to: Refund on cancelled safari booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ranthambore National...
USDUSD
Australia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.