We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverside gites...suitable for 10 yr old?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Riverside gites...suitable for 10 yr old?

I fancy a trip to one of these areas never having been before. Does not have to be Lagraase but I am keen on the south of France; just posting here as a starting point. My question is, how would such a break sit with a sporty 11 year old? Would such an area be too quiet? What can a child of this age do for entertainment in such an area? I would like to give the experience of the pleasant outdoors and river walking etc but what else? We would fly to a nearest airport and hire a car. Any ideas on a starting point would be appreciated? I am doing my best to avoid a trip "to a water park". A man made hell!

Edited: 07 March 2016, 09:18
2 replies to this topic
1. Re: Riverside gites...suitable for 10 yr old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 April 2016, 05:35

Azille...
Level Contributor
129 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverside gites...suitable for 10 yr old?

Carcassonne is a good starting point, as you can go up into the Black Mountains and find lots of lakes, rivers and nature, plus some remotely located gites, or you can stay nearer the city and visit the Aude river, the Corbieres and even a trip the seaside for some parasailing. The south of France is a Great choice - enjoy!

Reply to: Riverside gites...suitable for 10 yr old?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lagrasse