We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in Nidri

Bucharest
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental in Nidri

Hi, can anyone recommend a local car rental place in Nidri? We would need a small or medium one for 5 days, with no excess. I received a quotation of 55 euros/ day for an Opel Corsa and compared to other islands like Corfu and Crete it seems quite expensive even for the high season.

Thanks

Ana

13 replies to this topic
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12,012 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental in Nidri

Hello there

I am using Parga Car Hire in a few weeks time when staying in Nidri, we used them a couple of years ago in Sivota and they were excellent

Bucharest
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental in Nidri

Thanks! I tried them and it seems they do an engine search with international providers as Budget or Alamo. The prices were around 80usd / day, so not cheap. I was hoping for a recommendation for a local business with prices that you can negotiate.

Nantwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental in Nidri

There is a small one man band called Vitacar who is situated close to the Alpha Bank in Nidri. His cars are excellent and he has a great reputation. I have used him on a number of occasions. I don't think he has a presence on the internet though so any price negotation would have to be done while you are there.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental in Nidri

Here is VitaCar website you are talking about: https://www.rentacarlefkas.com/

Pages with rental rates are not accessible, so I think you could email them.

stokestaffs
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental in Nidri

I have used vitacar as Vic as mentioned, always had good service from them. We usually have Fiat 500 with soft top. Price about 50Euros per day, maybe cheaper if you are hiring for longer period.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12,012 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental in Nidri

Hi again

I don't know about that ? We were met at the airport by a someone from Parga car hire, and the car was from The same company - I don't think they are brokers as we always use local companies too ....and they are happy to accept cash on arrival too which is usually only something local companies do.... so I am slightly confused....we arrive in a couple of weeks so will check...enjoy your holiday :-)

http://www.parga-carhire.com

Bucharest
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental in Nidri

Thank you all!

Bucharest
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental in Nidri

Found a small local shop, Nydri Car Rental, on main street 2 shops down from Panorama restaurant. Rented a Fiat Linea with 55 €/day, no excess included!

Nantwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car rental in Nidri

The website mentioned seems to be a site that a number of small rental car sites have signed up to. I stick with what I say. Vitacar by the alpha bank is a small one man band. He opened up in 2003. I know him personally he was opposite to a bar I used to run between 2003-2006.

sothwest uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car rental in Nidri

Hi there, has anyone been able to rent with vita cars before you arrived on lefkas or do you have to book at the office once you were there. Im just thinking about next year as we have always booked with a different company but they have messed us around alot, this yr they forgot part of our booking completly so want to book with vita next year, but worried there may be no availability if we leave it till were there.

Edited: 07 August 2017, 23:34
Reply to: Car rental in Nidri
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nidri
Recent Conversations