We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Shells Luxury Apts Marcoola

Brisbane
1 post
White Shells Luxury Apts Marcoola

Has anyone stayed at the White Shells luxury apartments at Marcoola? Any comments?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,330 posts
49 reviews
70 helpful votes
1. Re: White Shells Luxury Apts Marcoola

Looks quite new. The apartment are located at the northern end of the airport so as long as you don't mind the odd aircraft going out or coming in low overhead there shouldn't be a problem. I almost bought a property up here but the fact I could just about see the pilots waving at me turned me off.

There is not a great deal around there other than a very long beach but relatively close to places of interest if you have a car.

Oscar

Marcoola
2 posts
2. Re: White Shells Luxury Apts Marcoola

Hi Everyone,

I just came across these posts and would like to clarify.

We are actually located 3.5 kms north of the Sunshine Coast airport in an area called the Town of Seaside, on the border of Mount Coolum and not with the other accommodation complexes at Marcoola, near at the northern end of the runway.

Additionally planes NEVER fly over our building, but depending on wind direction, there can be a few flights a day which can be seen (and momentarily heard ) whilst they make their turn out over the ocean in readiness to cross land close to the airport and touch down.

We are located in a beautiful and peaceful area with direct access to a "very long"....and always uncrowded beach. All areas of the Sunshine Coast and Hinterlands are quickly and easily accessible from anywhere, so for anyone who wants the best of both worlds or to simply get away from it all, relax and chill out, this place is perfect.

Although I must warn you, that at night it is so quiet here, with all your doors and windows open, the sound of the ocean can be quite loud.........LOL.

Karen

Manager White Shells Luxury Apartments

Edited: 13 years ago
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
95 reviews
333 helpful votes
3. Re: White Shells Luxury Apts Marcoola

Nice to hear from you Karen...

We have been intruiged by WhIte Shells. They look great - just cant find the time to get up there lately...:-(

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
4. Re: White Shells Luxury Apts Marcoola

We are owners of a WhiteShells apartment and consider it the best development of its type on the Sunshine Coast.

It is reasonably close to the surf club and other amenities such as restaurants,shops etc.and it is only a few minutes drive from the Maroochydore

Airport ,Aircraft noise is almost non existent.

There are several major golf courses close by and the beach is about

150 metres away along the boardwalk.

Our only problem is that we don't get there as often as we would like to.

L & J from Sydney

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
5. Re: White Shells Luxury Apts Marcoola

We are owners of a WhiteShells apartment and consider it the best development of its type on the Sunshine Coast.

It is reasonably close to the surf club and other amenities such as restaurants,shops etc.and it is only a few minutes drive from the Maroochydore

Airport ,Aircraft noise is almost non existent.

There are several major golf courses close by and the beach is about

150 metres away along the boardwalk.

Our only problem is that we don't get there as often as we would like to.

L & J from Sydney

Marcoola
2 posts
6. Re: White Shells Luxury Apts Marcoola

Hi 40ish Couple

Thanks for your post and when time pervails so that you get the opportunity to get away, please do get in touch with me on 07 5458 8400or manager@white http://shells.com.au

kind regards

Karen

7. Re: White Shells Luxury Apts Marcoola

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Marcoola
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.