We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Parking

3 posts
Car Parking
Save

Where is the best place to park in Pembroke dock? Going to Ireland for 3 days and am wondering where is a secure place to leave the car overnight?

Thanks in advance

7 replies to this topic
Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
580 posts
32 reviews
33 helpful votes
1. Re: Car Parking
Save

Have you asked the ferry company, I know there is some parking down at the ferry port. Otherwise I'm struggling to think of anywhere

Ireland
Level Contributor
793 posts
1 review
2. Re: Car Parking
Save

Info on long term car parking can be found here:

http://www.irishferries.com/ie-en/faq/all-ports-port-parking/

A possible alternative would be to take the train to Pembroke Dock. The station is around a 20 minute walk away from the terminal. Unlike the Fishguard-Rosslare ferry route where through tickets including rail & ferry are available, no through tickets are available on the Pembroke Dock to Rosslare route and it's necessary to purchase separate train and ferry tickets.

Hope this helps.

3 posts
3. Re: Car Parking
Save

thanks for the replies.

Yes I had look at the Irish Ferries site. Bit that concerned me was "Please note that the area is not supervised and all cars are left at owners risk."

Bit unsure about whether it would be safe to leave car for 3 days overnight in an un-manned car park with no CCTV.

Wondering if there is anyone out there that has done this route and left the car overnight (and if so where).

The train is unfortunately not an option. iI OK on the way out but not on the way back. Ferry docks at 00:45 and the first train is not until 07:00.

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
580 posts
32 reviews
33 helpful votes
4. Re: Car Parking
Save

Probably safer than a lot of places in Pembroke Dock. The Megabus meets the ferry in the very early morning, but it depends where you're heading. It goes to London with various stops, might be easier to catch that and then the train.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
22,517 posts
23 reviews
17 helpful votes
5. Re: Car Parking
Save

If arriving in Pembroke Dock at 00.45 I would be booking into the Travelodge at the dock, not getting in a car and driving, we (both of us at once) have felt very ill after this crossing.

3 posts
6. Re: Car Parking
Save

"Probably safer than a lot of places in Pembroke Dock."

Hi lelpgthecat, are you referring to the overnight parking at the dock in Fort Road? Is it reasonably safe to leave the car overnight for 3 days?

And are other areas in Pembroke Dock really that bad?

Look at the Megabus. I am coming from Reading. Shame it does not stop in between Bristol and London. Although it looks like it only runs once a day. Would be ok for on the way back but too late to catch the 2.45pm ferry on the way out to Ireland

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
580 posts
32 reviews
33 helpful votes
7. Re: Car Parking
Save

Well you said you were looking for a secure place to leave your car, I can't think of anywhere in Pembroke Dock. The alternative to the parking at the dock would be to leave it on the street somewhere within walking distance. Pembrokeshire does have a low crime rate but if you're the sort of person who feels the need for cctv then this obviously won't suit you.

If I lived in Reading I would catch the train to Pembroke Dock and catch the Megabus either back as far as Cardiff, (the Megabus stop is not far from the railway station) and then catch the train home. Or if you wanted to sleep on the bus go all the way to London and catch the train out to Reading. I think the Megabus gets into London about 9.30 am and it's very cheap.

Reply to: Car Parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pembroke Dock
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.